druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

2 hours ago, K1Rey said:

I can't verify if they're the same for obvious reasons, but anyone who thought the prequels were great I think that says enough for their taste of movies.

Episode 3 I like. The other two are entertaining in spots, but could have been so much better.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LinksterAC said:

Word.  I think this is the most likely outcome.

That said, the Christmas Eve hold and soft Christmas Day bump are interesting.  They suggest to me that there is a small possibility that TFA is basically maximizing revenue from its supply of showings.  Christmas Eve tapered off because it ran out of shows in the evening, and Christmas Day saw only a "mild" bump because of constrained supply in the morning.  That's a very rose colored theory, but it does somewhat explain the movie's odd behavior (at least in comparison to Avatar) over those two days.

That theory might actually hold some merit. IMO TFA had to "slow down" relative to Avatar at some point or we'd be looking at a $2B+ domestic performance.

1 hour ago, DAR said:

Again I see mention of these Laser showings, what is exactly?  A type of projection?

1 hour ago, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

Yeah, better version of regular digital IMAX 3D

It's not necessarily IMAX... though most of the laser projectors installed so far are for IMAX venues. 

DAR, it basically offers much brighter/clearer projection, which is obviously a huge boon for 3D. 

• Like 3

Question for the Star Wars fans among us.

Are ya'll just fans of the movies or have ya'll gotten into the new canon material? I just got 3 new books today to add to the 5 others and 2 comic series I have. It's a lot of great stuff! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Well. Somebody mentioned it earlier on this thread. Stop being such a clown.

wow.. someone mentions something... (it was a cover set with text), you speak from idiots without asking, beside... blabla

and when someone points that out to you = clown? That makes even less sense than your earlier post

11 minutes ago, tokila said:

BOM just said, 44mil. Where did the other 150 come from?

They did a 3D overwork restauration and so on. Lots of interviews over the world = I am guessing also a 'bit' of advertising costs too.

5 minutes ago, druv10 Maul said:

It was rereleased couple of years ago making 150M.

Alone the overwork's cost where ~ $18m, 2 years work (wiki writes 60 weeks) incl. the 35mm film into 4k digital, also citation wiki: For the 3D release, Cameron opened up the Super 35 film and expanded the image of the film into a new aspect ratio, from 2:35:1 to 1:78:1, allowing the viewer to see more image on the top and bottom of the screen ... change.

Critics reaction about the 3D = changed perception, better ratings...

ww BO till then was ~$1.84b, the 3D version (2012) made ww $343.6m

To me not the same as a simple re-release.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

It's not necessarily IMAX... though most of the laser projectors installed so far are for IMAX venues. 

DAR, it basically offers much brighter/clearer projection, which is obviously a huge boon for 3D. 

Thanks 

2 minutes ago, K1Rey said:

Is that the one that tastes like bubblegum?

Either way it wouldn't of worked. I literally couldn't stomach anything yesterday.

It works if you don't mind your s*** coming out black.

• Like 1