druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

Anyways, looks like this weekend may very well beat last weekend's record. :blink: I am legit shocked at how well all of the openers are doing, Daddy's Home has a legitimate chance at 200m with that OW this time of year. :o I knew it was a likely 100m bet, but never expected 200 could be in play. I also have to wonder if TFA would have indeed followed Avatar's holds and done more like 180+ if not for the 5 openers doing so much business. That had to hurt it at least a little. This really is like Christmas season 2009 on steroids, and I remember back during then thinking I may never see the box office like that again. Wrong! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Anyways, looks like this weekend may very well beat last weekend's record. :blink: I am legit shocked at how well all of the openers are doing, Daddy's Home has a legitimate chance at 200m with that OW this time of year. :o I knew it was a likely 100m bet, but never expected 200 could be in play. I also have to wonder if TFA would have indeed followed Avatar's holds and done more like 180+ if not for the 5 openers doing so much business. That had to hurt it at least a little. This really is like Christmas season 2009 on steroids, and I remember back during then thinking I may never see the box office like that again. Wrong! 

It is not in play. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

Hopefully DHD will throw some nonsense into their article at any moment now...

'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Lifts Disney Domestic B.O. To Record $2B

a re-hash....

• Like 1

Just now, CJ Ren said:

It is not in play. 

40m+ OW on Christmas weekend? It is definitely possible. People claimed Little Fockers would get terrible WOM, and even if it did, it still pulled 150m with a 45m 5 day Xmas opening. 160-175 is likely for DH, but 200 can't be ruled out. 

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

40m+ OW on Christmas weekend? It is definitely possible. People claimed Little Fockers would get terrible WOM, and even if it did, it still pulled 150m with a 45m 5 day Xmas opening. 160-175 is likely for DH, but 200 can't be ruled out. 

Technically no it's not impossible for it to hit 200, but the odds are most definitely not in it's favor.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I'd rather see it going the Sherlock Holmes-way with a 38m WE and a 125m total.

6 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

I'd rather see it going the Sherlock Holmes-way with a 38m WE and a 125m total.

I see what you're saying. Possible too, but then again it's not going to open as huge as SH so multi should be a little better. Little Fockers should at least be the benchmark I'd say, with potential to go higher. 

Edited by MovieMan89