druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

20 minutes ago, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

"only" 4 a day? That's basically being on one screen all day, perfectly normal...

yeah, i'm not saying theaters don't wanna show it all day, but since the movie is really long you can only show it a few times

i guess that wouldn't be a problem if the movie is on multiple screens, but in many theaters The Hateful Eight has only one screen

7 minutes ago, spizzer said:

Revenant was listed for 2AM shows at AMC Columbia this weekend, only 1 of 3 theaters in the US I think.  Not sure what that was about but now they've disappeared.  Has there been any word on that.

no  word, only first thoughts

sold-out? staff down via vacation and/or illness (no reserve), technical problem? used for event (e.g. Q&A for selct people) or....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnY said:

yeah, i'm not saying theaters don't wanna show it all day, but since the movie is really long you can only show it a few times

i guess that wouldn't be a problem if the movie is on multiple screens, but in many theaters The Hateful Eight has only one screen

honestly can't imagine why cinemas would want to show that movie on more than one screen. unless like it's a 25 screen multiplex :lol:

5 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I had to work all night and jsst woke up. Is there a Saturday thread somewhere?

I haven't seen any post or news dor Saturday. Beside = Friday = usually develops into the weekend thread, no own Saturday thread.

Only at Monday an actuals thread

5 minutes ago, #ED2-D2 said:

Those of you looking forward to this years gift, I'll post the vid up soon, but here are Tele's last 2 packages. :ph34r:

Stay tuned...

I am here waiting. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

you want to count a 15years later happening special made 3D re-release add to the result?

To me that is nonsense. Even BOM counts the 3D version as it's own titel

it's make sense,we should include 3d rerelease figure into final since the inflation factor is being ignored already,

Re-release figure has to be taken out if only if we play an inflation game.

somemore, a film that released twice could still earn a notable $150mil ,proving its box office pulling power through 

Edited by titanic2187

2 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

The Star Wars V Avatar chart is unbelieveable.   Star Wars is blowing it's doors off.   But looking at the chart I really respect "Avatar" Legs.   But these are great holds for Star Wars, we are seeing numbers for Chirstmas we've never seen:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?id=liberge.htm

Yep, I already posted repeatedly the daily part of that comparison.

The graphic presentation at The-Numbers too is impressive. Already posted the todays update, so here the link (all famous / bigger December releases without Titanic as I think it isn't matching with today's cinema BO rules...), if interested

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/custom-comparisons-extended/Star-Wars-Ep-VII-The-Force-Awakens/Avatar/Lord-of-the-Rings-The-Return-of-the-King-The/Hobbit-An-Unexpected-Journey-The/Chronicles-of-Narnia-The-Lion-the-Witch-and-the-Wardrobe-The/I-am-Legend