druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

17 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Question for the Star Wars fans among us.

Are ya'll just fans of the movies or have ya'll gotten into the new canon material? I just got 3 new books today to add to the 5 others and 2 comic series I have. It's a lot of great stuff! 

Not a fan in the way I'd read the books, but running e.g. a school library (I am refusing to sit at home for ~ part retirement, so I work e.g. for a special school nowadays, still work for projects = sometimes a bit of time problems), so I am always interested to hear / learn about such. Via PM = too OT?

If later on = sometimes I am not here for a few weeks, only so you do not think I am ignoring you or lost interest

• Like 1

Star Wars awakens new wave of film tourism as its fans seek out locations

Film consultancy Olsberg estimates that “screen tourism” was worth as much as £140m to the UK last year and is likely to increase. Wye Valley and Forest of Dean Tourism, which last week launched a guide to the area for film fans, believes that screen tourism will bring in £50m to the local economy over the next five years.

“The region suffered during the foot-and-mouth crisis of 11 years ago,”....

(Star Wars, HP,....)

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/dec/26/uk-tourism-star-wars-fans-feel-force-heroes-footsteps?CMP=twt_a-film_b-gdnfilm

Nice!

9 hours ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Hell, the fact that my dad went to go see Star Wars in theaters and he hasn't gone to a theater in years till now tells me the same thing as ddddeeee. He loved it btw, which equally shocking to me since he's pretty cynical about movies. 

Totally sounds like my Dad. I could never get him to watch the prequels with me for the life of me back when I was a kid, but he wanted to see this! He was just a very casual fan of the OT back in the day and hasn't seen them in years, but still wanted to check this one out. I was quite shocked. He also like it, and he typically doesn't go for the blockbuster types. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

wow.. someone mentions something... (it was a cover set with text), you speak from idiots without asking, beside... blabla

and when someone points that out to you = clown? That makes even less sense than your earlier post

They did a 3D overwork restauration and so on. Lots of interviews over the world = I am guessing also a 'bit' of advertising costs too.

Alone the overwork's cost where ~ $18m, 2 years work (wiki writes 60 weeks) incl. the 35mm film into 4k digital, also citation wiki: For the 3D release, Cameron opened up the Super 35 film and expanded the image of the film into a new aspect ratio, from 2:35:1 to 1:78:1, allowing the viewer to see more image on the top and bottom of the screen ... change.

Critics reaction about the 3D = changed perception, better ratings...

ww BO till then was ~$1.84b, the 3D version (2012) made ww $343.6m

To me not the same as a simple re-release.

You just had to get your fucking point across, didn't you? I'm tired of you apes having to keep 'proving' your point. Good job internet police. You should be very proud.