druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

People still like hot dogs? :sick:

I thought they went out when we all realized they aren't made of things actually meant to be edible. 

I know some kids that all they'll eat are hot dogs and chicken nuggets

12 minutes ago, K1Rey said:

I consider spectacular and good two different things. For example, a good cake is a cake with great chocolate frosting and but the cake is a bit dry. A spectacular cake is rich delicious gooey frosting along with a moist center of fudgy goodness that just melts on your tongue. 

And now I want cake.

But ice cream has sold more than cake in 2015.

That means ice cream is superior.

And don't try to bring up old cake sales adjusted for inflation. :ph34r:

• Like 3

This looks like an exact replica cake my local grocery store sells: cake.gif

Not only do you have chocolately goodness frosting, but moist chocolate cake with even chocolate chips alllllllll along the side that gives it that CRUNCH. It's legit one of my favorite cakes. If that cake were in front of me right now I'd lick that cake clean top to bottom in 5 minutes flat.

Errrr. Yeah sorry back to the topic at hand.....Star Wars is better. No Avatar is better. No Star Wars is better. No Avatar is better. No Star Wars is better because it has a 2498239480X multiplier. No Avatar is better because is has a 5949402320342X mulitplier. No Star Wars is better because is was made in 33823592 years ago. No Avatar is better because is was made 23942ru223rfd years ago. No Star Wars is better because it has 329528520582 many fans. No Avatar is better because it has rt924042ierie many fans. No Star Wars is better because blah blah blahhhhh. No Avatar is better because of bloop poop bleep, booop boop boopp beeep. No Star Wars.............

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

But ice cream has sold more than cake in 2015.

That means ice cream is superior.

And don't try to bring up old cake sales adjusted for inflation. :ph34r:

Ice cream all the way! Especially paired with banana's for desserts...banana splits, bananas foster, mmm....

Which brings me to caramel>chocolate. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Yes, I see what you are saying but this film is behaving like no other film in the history of films.  Law of averages says it has to slow down eventually.  It just simply can't keep this pace up.  It's like Usain Bolt being predicted to run the 1KM (1000 meters) in 95 seconds because he can run the 100 in 9.5 seconds.  Eventually at around the 400 or 500 meter spot he has to slow down because his pace is so ridiculous.  I believe SW is at the 500 meter part and it has to start slowing down, not by much, but it still has to somewhat.

I think this analogy is a bit misguided.  TFA has already started hitting the "wall," it's just doing an impressive job scaling it.

Indicators of demand burn-off happen right out of the gate.  This has been the case for TFA when compared to Avatar.

Although Avatar has been the best comparison to TFA so far, it's not a perfect mirror.  Point of fact: Avatar's legs are noticeably better, and have been right from the get-go.  Really look at the numbers.  First Friday to First Saturday favor Avatar (I know, previews, but those too cause demand to burn-off).  First Saturday to first Sunday favor Avatar.  First Sunday to first Monday are dead Even, but in terms of drops, SW7 is already trailing due to Saturday to Sunday comparison.  Ditto first Monday to first Tuesday, first Tuesday to first Wednesday (barely).  Something weird happened on Christmas Eve, but the Wednesday to Friday ratio favors Avatar yet again.  Not buy a huge margin, but a significant one.  

The same thing is happening this weekend.  The holds and drops favor Avatar.  Not massively, but significantly.  TFA basically has Avatar-lite legs, but the undeniable truth is that there is already an accelerated burn-off already going on.  In other words: there is an aggregate loss of legs going on because TFA is consistently trailing Avatar by a few percentage points in its holds and drops.

I think that TFA just has insanely high demand.  It's that simple, and it's causing some ridiculous legs, and will continue to do so.  

• Like 5

Ok, don't mean to be a party pooper, but this is a box office thread, food leads to drink, drink leads to loss of inhibition and loss of inhibition leads to Fass' package.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, lilmac said:

E.T, Raiders, Star Wars were in an "entirely different era of box office." Titanic was not. Titanic's run was so amazing because then as now there are dvd/vhs/home video alternatives to the movie theater. Yes, there are more options now and it is harder for studios to make a boxoffice buck nowadays but it wasn't entirely different than it is today. Titanic is a modern blockbuster that performed like the Gone with the Wind's of the past. 

And? Titanic's run was astonishing to watch in real time, no qualifiers needed or required.

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I'll always take Rocky Road ice cream

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough if I'm going with just a single ice cream flavor to choose (I love picking out the cookie dough bits when I'm bored and feel like screwing my sister's over out of cookie bits.)

If I'm having a sundae, I need vanilla ice cream with hot fudge, whip cream, cherry. Boom. Done.

If I"m eating a cone, I need chocolate ice cream with chocolate sprinkles all dipped in it.

I'm complicated I know.

Just now, K1Rey said:

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough if I'm going with just a single ice cream flavor to choose (I love picking out the cookie dough bits when I'm bored and feel like screwing my sister's over out of cookie bits.)

If I'm having a sundae, I need vanilla ice cream with hot fudge, whip cream, cherry. Boom. Done.

If I"m eating a cone, I need chocolate ice cream with chocolate sprinkles all dipped in it.

I'm complicated I know.

Yeah... I just take Rocky Road in a dish. Although the blueberry shit at Graters is super awesome

3 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Ok, don't mean to be a party pooper, but this is a box office thread, food leads to drink, drink leads to loss of inhibition and loss of inhibition leads to Fass' package.  

You mean if we get fat and drunk enough we will grow our very own Fassmember? :o

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

AVATAR is pretty great. SW is pretty great. Both had amazing box-office runs. Dunno why everyone feels the need to denigrate one or the other to celebrate their own fave.

Because box office is like sports there are fans of franchise. I know you would like if Seattle went 16-0 and went to win the Super Bowl. 

• Like 1

So I was reading Box Office Prophets(I know) analysis 

http://www.boxofficeprophets.com/column/index.cfm?columnID=18079&cmin=10&columnpage=2

It's the last paragraph regarding Force Awakens and let me know if I'm reading this wrong.  They expect the film to make 200 million between tomorrow and next Sunday which puts it at for now 744 million.  The next sentence states it should pass Avatar by MLK day.  Unless MLK day is that Monday do they think the film is making just 16 million in those few weeks? 

• Like 1