druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

I'm probably one of the few people who thinks its way better than AOTC. It's honestly not a horrible movie, just couldn't live up to 20+ years of anticipation.

The movie itself is fine so far. Way below the originals but still fine. 

• Like 1

I love every Star Wars film. I just don't want to get into debates about it because there's nothing to gain for me. I've written two books on the prequels, so it goes without saying I suppose that I love them. I don't really care what anyone else thinks, that can be their issue. I'm happy to love 7 Star Wars movies and enjoy every experience I've had with Star Wars. Except watching the Holiday Special. That truly did suck so badly. Worst thing I've ever seen I think lol. 

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, Greylemur said:

Well, this is the first time I've been snowed in.  The first time in years that I40 (main interstate in NM, bigger than I25) has been shut from ABQ east.  And the first time in her administration that our gov has called out the National Guard due to weather.

Goliath is racking up "historic" snowfall numbers, and the fatalities speak for themselves.  This is not a typical winter storm.

It's not typical you are 100% correct & I should've used a different term than it not being "important." My point was more centered on how many people are being affected in the regions not used to it vs the dense areas that are actually getting a break from the usual terrible winter weather this time of year.

• Like 2

This lady actually accused me of stealing money today.

She ordered a medium popcorn with extra real butter and a large diet coke and I told her it was 11.95. She almost freaked out and said there was no way it was that and that I was pocketing money. She slapped a ten dollar bill on the counter and I told her that she can't accuse me of that (I'm not pocketing money I swear to it guys). I told her to look at the prices and she complained she didn't have her glasses and couldn't read them.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

She ordered a medium popcorn with extra real butter and a large diet coke and I told her it was 11.95. She almost freaked out and said there was no way it was that and that I was pocketing money. She slapped a ten dollar bill on the counter and I told her that she can't accuse me of that (I'm not pocketing money I swear to it guys). I told her to look at the prices and she complained she didn't have her glasses and couldn't read them.

Should have slapped her with your lightsaber.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

lol that's a new one…complaining about prices they can't even read in the first place :lol:

• Like 3

SW's ow surprised me a lot more than Avatar's ow, but Avatar's next days surprised me more than SW so far (which needless to add is itself amazing). Titanic still is the biggest surprise.

Rank the movies that surprised you in descending order of surprise:

Titanic

SW7/Avatar

American Sniper

JW

Frozen

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

SW's ow surprised me a lot more than Avatar's ow, but Avatar's next days surprised me more than SW so far (which needless to add is itself amazing). Titanic still is the biggest surprise.

Rank the movies that surprised you in descending order of surprise:

Titanic

SW7/Avatar

American Sniper

JW

Frozen

Titanic

SW7

MBFGW

Sixth Sense

Quick poll, then, how many people here are adjusting your next week's predictions based on RTH's Sunday numbers? What are your breakdowns and total thoughts?

For instance, I'm hoping for $100M mid-week ($27.5M Monday through Wednesday, $17.5M Thursday) or better and hoping for $100M third weekend (or better). This past weekend, let's adjust to $150M, was less than a 23% decline from last weekend if you don't include the previews. A 30% decline this following weekend puts it at $105M. 

I don't think those are my "predictions," they are my "hopes." I would sign up for $200M over the next week, for sure, no matter how it happens. Range for me is $180M to $220M over the next week. Thoughts? 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

There is always bad weather this time of year, who on the East Coast remembers the crazy snow storms last year? Just because it's in the news in other countries doesn't mean it's important either, it could be due to the fact that the holidays are a huge travel period where there isn't much actual news (ESP considering it was just Christmas weekend).

we here are aware about that too...

36 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

In fairness isn't there a decent amount of open space in the Midwest as opposed to the Northeast for instance?

but the ones used to that kind of weather might be less inclined to let them stop than people not as used to such bad conditions.

Plus some of those might enjoy the outdoors as long as they can or...

33 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

You are more than welcome to hit the ignore button then, if the mods think I'm bullying, believe me they will tell me.

IMHO you came over way too strongly pushing, I was several times tempted to point that out, each for it's own posts were always just not bad enough to bother, but in the sum...

7 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

It's not typical you are 100% correct & I should've used a different term than it not being "important." My point was more centered on how many people are being affected in the regions not used to it vs the dense areas that are actually getting a break from the usual terrible winter weather this time of year.

I live in the south of my country.

'Funnyly' that means more cold and snow as the north, as they have the ocean, we the mountains (me= rather near to those, in the hilly area 'before' the big ones, literally on the top of a hill).

We here in the south have 2 sets of tires for our cars (and chains) = real winter tires and not 'all weather tires' like some use (other regions do not always have then too) or even worse, only summer tires and the experience to drive under snow conditions. Each year, when the snow hit more north living people for the first time tons of accidents and close downs happens... with a snow ammount we here would only laugh about

In the north also the public transportation can get into problems

How do you recognise a newbe / visitor out of the north? He/she stands beside the car with the chains in the hands and has recogniseable no clue how to get those on the tires.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Quick poll, then, how many people here are adjusting your next week's predictions based on RTH's Sunday numbers? What are your breakdowns and total thoughts?

For instance, I'm hoping for $100M mid-week ($27.5M Monday through Wednesday, $17.5M Thursday) or better and hoping for $100M third weekend (or better). This past weekend, let's adjust to $150M, was less than a 23% decline from last weekend if you don't include the previews. A 30% decline this following weekend puts it at $105M. 

I don't think those are my "predictions," they are my "hopes." I would sign up for $200M over the next week, for sure, no matter how it happens. Range for me is $180M to $220M over the next week. Thoughts? 

Low end:

MON 30 (-32%)

TUE 30

WED 25

THU 20

FRI 32 (+60%)

SAT 32

SUN 20 (-37%)

So 189m week with 740m cume.

High end would be around 10-12% higher numbers for ~210m week and just beating Avatar on Sunday.

• Like 2

Just now, Fake said:

Low end:

MON 30 (-32%)

TUE 30

WED 25

THU 20

FRI 32 (+60%)

SAT 32

SUN 20 (-37%)

So 189m week with 740m cume.

High end would be around 10-12% higher numbers for ~210m week and just beating Avatar on Sunday.

An $84m 3rd weekend?  Yeah that does seem kind of low.

26 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

I could see TFA having incredibly strong weekdays, with a smaller Friday increase (especially due to New Years, but still make buttloads of money). Still, a weekend o/u 100M doesn't seem out of reach.

• Like 1

And while we're discussing numbers, Force Awakens opened to the equivalent of 278M last weekend at my theatre, did incredibly strong on weekdays, and then did the equivalent of 177M this weekend (its second weekend was identical to JW's opening weekend).

I haven't added up all the dailies yet, but we're on the verge of crossing 600M probably tomorrow at the latest, which would surpass JW's 604M total at our theatre. This is certainly the biggest movie at our theatre in over a decade.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I live in the south of my country.

'Funnyly' that means more cold and snow as the north, as they have the ocean, we the mountains (me= rather near to those, in the hilly area 'before' the big ones, literally on the top of a hill).

We here in the south have 2 sets of tires for our cars (and chains) = real winter tires and not 'all weather tires' like some use (other regions do not always have then too) or even worse, only summer tires and the experience to drive under snow conditions. Each year, when the snow hit more north living people for the first time tons of accidents and close downs happens... with a snow ammount we here would only laugh about

In the north also the public transportation can get into problems

How do you recognise a newbe / visitor out of the north? He/she stands beside the car with the chains in the hands and has recogniseable no clue how to get those on the tires.

Do you live in Germany, if you don't mind saying?  Only I grew up in Bavaria...and your description sounded familiar!

• Like 1