druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

THE PEANUTS MOVIE: $45M Overseas Total / $172.6M Global Total

ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS: THE ROAD CHIP: $8.1M Overseas Total / $47.5M Global Total

JOY: $2M Overseas Total / $19.5M Global Total

likely to pass up ($760M) in North America by end of xmas holidays. All in, could earn $1B

STAR WARS updates: UK ($97M) GER ($54M) FRA ($47M) OZ ($35M) JPN ($31M) MEX ($20M) ESP ($20M) KOR ($19M) ITA ($18M) RUS ($18M) BRZ ($16M)

Paramount's DADDY'S HOME debuted #2 in both UK and Down Under with $2.5M and $1.8M respectively.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Solid? :lol:

Are you disappointed?

I'm confused?  When has solid ever been a term for disappointment?

Ive already expressed it's a fantastic number.  It's not mindblowing based on how the movies been performing, but that doesn't make me disappointed.

It's like saying I don't think a movie is worth seeing unless I give it an A+

3 hours ago, narniadis said:

Good Saturday numbers all around. Makes for good reading while I am snowed in (western OK blizzard)

You and me both, Narniadis.

"Historic blizzard conditions"... and it is still snowing here in New Mexico.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

Ive already expressed it's a fantastic number.  It's not mindblowing based on how the movies been performing, but that doesn't make me disappointed.

I also saw your "solid" and thought "wow, that's an understatement" for what is by far the biggest 2nd weekend of all time.  haha

Don't take it too seriously. :)

• Like 1

• Community Manager

You know...I wonder....is there a chance TFA could top Gone with the Wind's adjusted BO gross? I think there's a 0.01% chance it might happen. Now that would be truly and fantastically insane.

But I'm satisfied with it beating Avatar's adjusted gross.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

I also saw your "solid" and thought "wow, that's an understatement" for what is by far the biggest 2nd weekend of all time.  haha

Don't take it too seriously. :)

12 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Saturday didn't  come in lower than rth estimates. Just wait for actual lol.

nah by the time official weekend projections come out the Sat gross is always set and stone and Sunday might be prone to change a bit. But yeah RTH under predicted Sat and it is going to stay at $55m

Just now, Darth Water Bottle said:

You know...I wonder....is there a chance TFA could top Gone with the Wind's adjusted BO gross? I think there's a 0.01% chance it might happen. Now that would be truly and fantastically insane.

If BOM is correct, then GWTW sold 200M tickets over the course of all its releases.  For TFA, that'd be anywhere between $1.9-2.1B, which isn't happening.  I think its a 0% chance given what we've seen through 10 days, it would have had to follow Avatar to a T, which it didn't.  

Just now, shruth said:

nah by the time official weekend projections come out the Sat gross is always set and stone and Sunday might be prone to change a bit. But yeah RTH under predicted Sat and it is going to stay at $55m

*over predicted

Just now, spizzer said:

If BOM is correct, then GWTW sold 200M tickets over the course of all its releases.  For TFA, that'd be anywhere between $1.9-2.1B, which isn't happening.  I think its a 0% chance given what we've seen through 10 days, it would have had to follow Avatar to a T, which it didn't.  

Actually jk.  If we take out midnights/previews from Avatar/TFA, it would have do better than Avatar to hit $2B.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darth Water Bottle said:

Is there a % less than zero? lol

It would need to ADD Avatar's adjusted total and throw in another $300 million to do that ^_^

• Like 2