baumer

RTH Thursday SW around 23 (celebration!!)

If TFA gets $100m this weekend then $1b is the floor.

Both JW and TA made another $250m after $100m weekend.

There's no way TFA holds worse than TA and JW when it has 1 week advantage (movies usually hold better later in their run).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Elessar said:

The drop has more to do with the fact that this year might be a little bit different than 2009, or the demographic is a little bit different than Avatar's. Friday jump could be muted.

Must you shit on this fine number.

7 hours ago, picores said:

Agree.

Must you wipe his ass 

:P

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 1

I'm having trouble coming up with any model that is less than $950M frankly. Even with a 65% dive in midweek totals next week, which is probably to be expected, I still can't see how it doesn't nearly hit $1B.

What people are saying is, gee, yeah this film fell 38% WITH PREVIEWS INCLUDED after a record OW, but magically it's going to fall worse than 40% every single weekend afterwards. Huh...? Please explain that logic. Because most movies fall more softly, not as hard as a rock. The logic isn't there, plain and simple. That's why people are saying $1B.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bladels said:

If TFA gets $100m this weekend then $1b is the floor.

Both JW and TA made another $250m after $100m weekend.

There's no way TFA holds worse than TA and JW when it has 1 week advantage (movies usually hold better later in their run).

I'm with you there.  Avatar +32% is probably around 275 right now, and will likely add more this weekend.  I just don't see how TFA gives almost $300M back in that comparison.  Maybe $200M for a $1.1B domestic haul.  

• Like 2

Please remember (before poking at 'opposite' fans and in general)

Estimates:

I can't wait for Monday (here probably late in the evening) for all movie's actuals (and OS even days later)

It seems there will be some early mornings revenues too see Gitesh tweet about SW 7 passing JW today in the morming for getting #1 in 2015. Again, estimates... Monday...

For the newbes:

all money made after midnight till morning counts as the day before.

Exceptions are opening days, then the earlies vie pre-views count as Friday

Edited by terrestrial
typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JonathanLB said:

I'm having trouble coming up with any model that is less than $950M frankly. Even with a 65% dive in midweek totals next week, which is probably to be expected, I still can't see how it doesn't nearly hit $1B.

What people are saying is, gee, yeah this film fell 38% WITH PREVIEWS INCLUDED after a record OW, but magically it's going to fall worse than 40% every single weekend afterwards. Huh...? Please explain that logic. Because most movies fall more softly, not as hard as a rock. The logic isn't there, plain and simple. That's why people are saying $1B.

I think some people are holding on to the notion that it will hit a demand wall after the holidays and drop like a rock.  

But coming off a $100M weekend, with no real competition in sight, I can't see how that happens.  I expect the weekend holds to improve a bit to the -30% range until something hits the market that forces it to lose a lot of screens. 

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Please remember (before poking at 'opposite' fans and in general)

Estimates:

I can't wait for Monday (here probably late in the evening) for all movie's actuals (and OS even days later)

It seems there will be some early mornings revenues too see Gitesh tweet about SW 7 passing JW today in the morming for getting #1 in 2015. Again, estimates... Monday...

For the newbes:

all money made after midnight till morning counts as the day before.

Exceptions are opening days, then the earlies vie pre-views count as Friday

At this point in the run, there are probably very few shows after midnight. 

Suggestion:

wait till the actuals of next Thursday are released, than, IMHO you can see a bit better how the 'back to school/work' market might react.

I am not agreeing or disagreeing to anything (which numbers are possible), but I think you are too early in your 'I am sure about THAT' (fill in the different numbers the different members came up with)

7 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

At this point in the run, there are probably very few shows after midnight. 

I was surprised about that as well, see Gitesh's tweet, with ~ $300k missing and according .. and my question about late shows a few posts (by me) back

... wait I'll copy it in:

$22.9M THU for . $652M cume. Will race past this morning to become #1 film from 2015.

Better wait till Monday celebrate or cry...

Edited by terrestrial
added Monday

4 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I was surprised about that as well, see Gitesh's tweet, with ~ $300k missing and according .. and my question about late shows a few posts (by me) back

... wait I'll copy it in:

$22.9M THU for . $652M cume. Will race past this morning to become #1 film from 2015.

Better wait till Monday celebrate or cry...

He just means the first matinees will

be enough to pass JW because the two films are so close. 

Just now, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

He just means the first matinees will

be enough to pass JW because the two films are so close. 

$300k ? As so many cinemas open seemingly late based on parties = I as asking some posts back how, as I think for that $300k is not a small revenue. = I as surprised Gitesh thinks there will be that much.

Then again, 'only' estimates.

I think the ... mood a few were in the last few days it might be better to give the hints ealry, maybe some get used to it till later enough to not get as heated as some got see yesterday

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

$300k ? As so many cinemas open seemingly late based on parties = I as asking some posts back how, as I think for that $300k is not a small revenue. = I as surprised Gitesh thinks there will be that much.

Then again, 'only' estimates.

I think the ... mood a few were in the last few days it might be better to give the hints ealry, maybe some get used to it till later enough to not get as heated as some got see yesterday

No, he just means the morning shows -- 9am, 10am, etc -- will be enough, that's all.

• Like 1