druv10

8M TFA Rth Monday number!!! SW7 has surpassed TA1 & F7 for 4th alltime WW!!!

14 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I am so confused. I gather it's a about a sports man, but why Ruth? It's here a female name

It's supposedly named for US President Grover Cleveland's daughter, but since it came out around when Babe Ruth was at the peak of his name, it was seen by many as a ploy to take advantage of Ruth's fame without having to give him any royalties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_Ruth

Edit- Don't know if you're talking about the candy bar but Babe (a nickname) Ruth is one of greatest baseball players ever (most would say the best).

Edited by Jayhawk the Hutt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

I am so confused. I gather it's a about a sports man, but why Ruth? It's here a female name

Ruth is the last name.  His first name was far more masculine - Babe. B)

Iconic American figure and the greatest baseball player who ever lived, played in the 1910-1930s.

Favorite line.  When asked ow he felt about making more $ than President Hoover, he said he was having a better year.

Maybe you know him better for his still popular candy bar Baby Ruth

baby-ruth.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, philippe08 said:

The best curve is that of Titanic. Slow but steady.

please edite your post (maybe strg + a and the del and then a word or so?) something went (on my screen) really wrong

17 minutes ago, RichWS said:

I don't get the "Gitesh butthurt" material. 

7 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Me either, maybe someone could explain it? Guy is just doing his job most of the time.

It come from Gitesh continually adding the .5 onto the days of every TFA tweet because of the previews

• Like 2

1 hour ago, B J said:

those complaining about 8m are nuts

Damn bj  that chart is still on target. Your Monday prediction from a month ago was  closer than most of us thought on saturday.

Start looking at Gold, oil, S&p and Shanghai and make some money.

I think gold moves back up  20%, oil 30%. S&p down 20% shanghai down 40% in the next year. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, druv10 Maul said:

George Herman(Babe) Ruth, potentially the greatest baseball player ever.

O.K., I get it. But now I am giggling. The only Babe I know about is that pig in the movie or a nick word for a girl-friend or so.

It's maybe a bit like Johnny Depp = Depp means here idiot.

I guess it is the not accustomed to those names thing

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Not really.  He was a great franchise WS winning pitcher who became an all time great hitter (or avg and power) who built another franchise.  He has no comparison.

I'm not saying Ruth wasn't a great player, but if everyone wants to put an asterisk on Bond's record because of steroids, let's put one on Ruth's because he only played against other white players. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Ruth is the last name.  His first name was far more masculine - Babe. B)

Iconic American figure and the greatest baseball player who ever lived, played in the 1910-1930s.

Favorite line.  When asked ow he felt about making more $ than President Hoover, he said he was having a better year.

Maybe you know him better for his still popular candy bar Baby Ruth

I have never seen that in any store I was before. No matter the country (but I am not very much into sweet things beside Coca Cola so I might have missed it, but I do buy sweets for my family)

PGA: Noms: Big Short, Bridge of Spies, Brooklyn, Ex Machina, Mad Max 4, Marsianer, Revenant, Sicario, Spotlight, Straight Outta Compton

Tencent released several Star Wars themed gifs today for its QQ platform

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CX-pLh8WkAAD-AM.mp4

CX-pLh8WkAAD-AM.mp4

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS: $786.1M Overseas Total / $1.5363B Global Total

Edited by terrestrial

4 minutes ago, misterchief81 said:

I'm not saying Ruth wasn't a great player, but if everyone wants to put an asterisk on Bond's record because of steroids, let's put one on Ruth's because he only played against other white players. 

I get what you are trying to say, but that's not really fair at all to Ruth. Unlike Bonds, he didn't break the rules because he couldn't play against non-whites.

See what you started Tele.

Edited by Jayhawk the Hutt
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Not really.  He was a greatth franchise WS winning pitchegurur who became an all time great hitter (or avg and power) Iho built another franchise.  He ha s no comparison.

There's always debate. He didn't face specialize pitching or blacks, hispanics or Japanese players. He wasn't a great defensive player or stole a lot of bases. Honestly Ted Williams can easily be argued as better offensive player and as much as I hate to say it, Bonds put the fear of god when he came to the plate.

• Like 3