#ED

Tuesday : TFA $7,967,428 #ED was Asleep at the Wheel(He's sicky-poo)

2 minutes ago, RichWS said:

I hope you say all of this to the person tearing your ticket. 

If i were ripping tickets and someone said that to me I would literally take them back to box office and pay for their ticket myself.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, misafeco said:

Ep. 8 can grow only in Latin America and Asia. Everywhere else it will drop. I mean Ep. 7 just reached 1M admissions in Hungary, only 2 movies did this in 20 years (TPM, Avatar). Ep. 8 will be lucky if it makes 2/3 of the money here.

In admissions, im pretty sure u're right, still has room to grow in Latin America, and of course, Asia. But in terms of cash, if u have a weaker dollar, it will grow everywhere. Just in Brazil with 2010 exchange rates, it would be in 50million, not in 22.

8 hours ago, SteveJaros said:

Still sticking with $875m DOM.

I don't know why though.

Let's assume it collects 8 Million per weekday this week and, based on a 50% drop from last weekend, 44 Million on the weekend.

That's 76 Million. To enter a worst case senarico, let's assume it drops 50% from there on each week.

76+38+19+9,5+4,75+2,37+1,18+0,59+0,29+0,15+0,08+0,04+0,02+0,01-done

That's 742,208,942 (as of Sunday 03.01.16) plus 151,980,000 = 894,188,942 (somebody please correct me if my math-fu is failing me)

Joke being, there is no way in hell this thing will drop at a constant 50% per week the next 13 weeks. But even if it does, it stops closer to 900 than your 875.

Edited by incognitoo

Just now, incognitoo said:

I don't know why though.

Let's assume it collects 8 Million per weekday this week and, based on a 50% drop from last weekend, 44 Million on the weekend.

That's 76 Million. To enter a worst case senarico, let's assume it drops 50% from there on each week.

76+38+19+9,5+4,75+2,37+1,18+0,59+0,29+0,15+0,08+0,04+0,02+0,01-done

That's 742,208,942 (as of Sunday 03.01.16) plus 151,980,000 = 894,188,942 (somebody please correct me if my math-fu is failing me)

Joke being, there is no way in hell this thing will drop at a constant 50% per week the next 13 weeks. But even if it does, it stops closer to 900 then your 875.

Your math seems reasonable so I won't argue with it. It's just a gut feeling I have that a larger % of people than normal wanted to see it during the holidays, so the post-holidays drop will be steeper than you anticipate. I guess we shall see. :)

Box Office: 'Star Wars: Force Awakens' Tops 'Avatar' to Become No. 1 Film of All Time in North America

It's official: J.J. Abrams' Star Wars: The Force Awakens is the No. 1 grossing film of all time in North America, not accounting for inflation.

On Wednesday, the Disney and Lucasfilm mega-blockbuster is overtaking the $760.5 million earned by James Cameron's Avatar. Force Awakens — which grossed $8 million on Tuesday for a domestic total of $758.2 million — achieved the milestone in only 20 days in release, a remarkable feat.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-star-wars-force-852274

blogger-image--1412552796.jpg

Edited by Daxtreme
link
  • Like 5

Agreed that Wednesdays is probably going to see a pretty steep drop, but this thing is still doing great.  50M weekend is possible, 40M is the bottom I think.  I think the chances of it doing 1B domestic aren't exactly high, but they're there.   

Quote me on this and laugh at me when I'm wrong.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Your math seems reasonable so I won't argue with it. It's just a gut feeling I have that a larger % of people than normal wanted to see it during the holidays, so the post-holidays drop will be steeper than you anticipate. I guess we shall see. :)

There is a certain uncertainty in the behaviour of this BO beast, that makes it difficult to predict how it will behave, I give you that. Also, to me it does not seem to be unreasonable to go by the assumption that this movie was so "frontloaded" (please notice the quotation marks here) during the holidays, that demand for this movie has waned. However BO history teaches us otherwise and even if Force Awakens should behave like every other run-of-the-mill Blockbuster from now on, it would still behave like a run-of-the-mill Blockbuster - which means it would be still a force to be reckoned with. But as you said: I guess we will see. \^_^/

Edited by incognitoo
  • Like 2