#ED

Tuesday : TFA $7,967,428 #ED was Asleep at the Wheel(He's sicky-poo)

Ok let's say it finishes the weekend at $820M. Seems pretty likely to me. After that it dives crazy next week to $15M midweek and just $25M the weekend after including Monday - a holiday - that puts it at $860M. Please, do explain how it manages just $15M more total over the rest of the run. :P

I feel like math may not be some people's strong suit.

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, rustyspoons89 said:

Every theater in my area that I'm aware of (near Salt Lake City) does discount Tuesday. Megaplex, Cinemark and a few others.  

AMC doesn't. But the megaplex discount is amazing, IMAX 3D is even $5 on Tuesdays

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, rustyspoons89 said:

Every theater in my area that I'm aware of (near Salt Lake City) does discount Tuesday. Megaplex, Cinemark and a few others.  

AMC doesn't. But the megaplex discount is amazing, IMAX 3D is even $5 on Tuesdays

Yes! IMAX 3D is always sold out (at least the best seats) Tuesday's because of this. You can even get the recliner luxury seating IMAX for $5.00! Unbeatable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Still sticking with $875m DOM.

That would have been a really bold prediction on like DEC 16th. 

True.

But now it is a laughable one.

Sent from my ASUS_Z011D using Tapatalk

• Like 2

This has been a thing with the non-box office experts since the start. Sometimes people don't do the math. Even after the second weekend I had friends saying, "But isn't it like a few hundred million from Avatar? And you're a huge fan dude. Don't get me wrong I hope it beats Avatar but we will see." They just don't get box office math and declines.

i am new to this forum, yes, but I have followed the weekly box office since 1997. This isn't new to me. I love this stuff!

Edited by JonathanLB
  • Like 3

$815m total after this weekend.  From the same point Jurassic World did another $100m for the rest of its run.  

That gives TFA a minimum floor of $915m and I can guarantee that it will have bigger subsequent weekend and weekday numbers.  Many theaters are going to keep it playing strong into March.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

A 45m weekend will give SW ~815m.

If it adds 3x this weekend to rest of the run, it will get 3x45 + 815 = 135 + 815 = 950m

970m looks like a stretch. Can't see it below 930m.

Good analysis! Exactly my range.

A thing I haven't even thought about...

Zum ersten Mal in 120 Jahren Filmgeschichte wird heute mit STAR WARS VII eine Fortsetzung zum umsatzstärksten Film aller Zeiten in den USA

For the first time in 120 year filmhistory today - with SW 7 - gets a sequel/continuation to be ~ the biggest-money-making movie of all-time in the US

• Like 2

The ones who read the previous threads might be remembering this, here the reaction

Hasbro to add Rey to 'Star Wars' Monopoly following backlash

edit: sounds like that will happen late in the year only. If that earlier try to excuse it would be correct, IMHO that change would happen way speedier, as prepared to do so.

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 2

huh, either I missed the tweet or they hadn't tweeted that.

Several magazines do per studio 2015 articles, WB,.. I already posted, here one about Disney, but not as in-depth as e.g. the WB article was, only details simple to see at BOM too.

Disney grossed $5.85bn in 2015

http://www.screendaily.com/box-office/disney-grossed-585bn-in-2015/5098517.article?blocktitle=LATEST-US-BOX-OFFICE-NEWS&contentID=40095

Heute wird STAR WARS VII das sechste Mitglied im exklusiven Club von Filmen mit 7 Mio. Besuchern in nur drei Wochen in Deutschland

Today SW 7 will be the 6th member in the exclusive Club of movies reaching 7m admissions in only 3 weeks in Germany

Edited by terrestrial

2 hours ago, SteveJaros said:

Still sticking with $875m DOM.

you keep posting this horrible prediction with no backup, and when asked you did not write how did you get that number.....

only when Disney decide to pull out TFA out of cinemas next week you can get this number.....

otherwise TFA will fly over your number probably with another +100mill..

Marek

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rustyspoons89 said:

Yes! IMAX 3D is always sold out (at least the best seats) Tuesday's because of this. You can even get the recliner luxury seating IMAX for $5.00! Unbeatable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAMN! Where is this? This is unheard of in my area!

Which is Long Island, NY!