terrestrial

Wednesday 6th, 2016 | SW 7 $6.2M = $764.4 = Officially #1 | DH 1.54 | H8 1.44 | Sisters 1.16 | BigShort 869k | Joy 855k | p.7 chart

I will be a lot more confident about $1B with a small drop today and a $50 fourth weekend.   That Wednesday drop was slightly harsher than RotK's M-W, though on track or slightly ahead of the Sunday-W drop.  A 3% drop would put it back on track, M-R whereas steeper than 8.5% would start to put $1B in jeopardy.  If this turns out to have a much better Friday, and is more of a weekend movie than RotK then my panic over W is all pointless

*Just math*

Mathematically following RotK I got 3 numbers for the weekend to hit $1B

41.5 with RotK's weekend/weekday ratio for next week

41.25 with this weeks weekend/weekday ratio for TFA

40.2 TFA's ratio*nextWeekRotKRatio/thisWeekRotKRatio

with such a sudden drop however there would be no way it jumped right back on track with RotK

2 minutes ago, DarthArachnid!™ said:

Any recognition by Cameron or Fox today?

No doubt Cameron is busy in his underwater laboratory trying to invent a way to reinvigorate smell-o-vision so he can jack the price up for Avatar 2: The Campire Strikes Back and revolutionize the industry yet again.

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

No doubt Cameron is busy in his underwater laboratory trying to invent a way to reinvigorate smell-o-vision so he can jack the price up for Avatar 2: The Campire Strikes Back and revolutionize the industry yet again.

No need, 3D hasn't been done properly in 8 years so he's coming back to show them how it's done.

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Cameron didn't do a letter to Avatar so why would he do one from Avatar to Star Wars.

I'm pretty sure he will. It's tradition and the reason he was inspired to join the film business in the first place was SW. In all seriousness, I'm sure he's not salty at all. He's too rich and engrossed in making his own film to care all that much.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

No need, 3D hasn't been done properly in 8 years so he's coming back to show them how it's done.

1. Avatar is better in 2D than 3D.

2. The Walk

3. Dunno why I'm replying to a troll

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, In the Heart of the Tree said:

1. Avatar is better in 2D than 3D.

2. The Walk

3. Dunno why I'm replying to a troll

Plus Hugo, Gravity, and Life of Pi (among others). Not saying those are necessarily better than Avatar, but as you note, there has been other films where 3D has been fantastically used since Avatar.

• Like 1

Most of the time when James Cameron is brought up these days I'm reminded of Tina/Amy's joke about him at the Golden Globes 3 years ago. “Kathryn Bigelow's nominated tonight. I haven’t really been following the controversy over Zero Dark Thirty but when it comes to torture, I trust the lady who spent three years married to James Cameron.”

Just now, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

Plus Hugo, Gravity, and Life of Pi (among others). Not saying those are necessarily better than Avatar, but as you note, there has been other films where 3D has been fantastically used since Avatar.

None of those benefitted from 3D, THE WALK is the only film to have ever used 3D successfully (in my opinion).

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

like i've said bfore the very best 3d in the very best cinemas has gotten a "well it didn't ruin it for me" reaction out of me at best.

that's how I felt about every 3D movie until I saw The Walk.