WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Just saw The Revenant. Not sure how word-of-mouth will be. One of the main things I heard on the way out was that it was too long.

With Oscar nominations, I don't know how much WoM will affect it.  It'll get decent legs anyways.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Panda said:

With Oscar nominations, I don't know how much WoM will affect it.  It'll get decent legs anyways.

Oscar contenders that are strong out the gate (which this will) rarely develop the kind of traction that contenders that start from the ground up do. Those movies are usually the ones that benefit the most from Oscar nominations.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Just saw The Revenant. Not sure how word-of-mouth will be. One of the main things I heard on the way out was that it was too long.

Why would that be a problem? People have been dying to see Dicaprios piece for a while now.

• Like 1

Just now, #ED said:

Why would that be a problem? People have been dying to see Dicaprios piece for a while now.

It's definitely not going to be a movie to everyone's taste. The movie's polarizing nature + a very long running time could repel some potential viewers.

Just now, filmlover said:

It's definitely not going to be a movie to everyone's taste. The movie's polarizing nature + a very long running time could repel some potential viewers.

i feel like this exact statement was used during django and wolf's runs. what is it w/ this dude and long ass movies. next he'll get together with petejackson and end us all.

• Like 3

Trust me when I say Django Unchained and The Wolf of Wall Street were definitely more "accessible" movies than this. Those that have called it 2 1/2 hours of total misery are right on the money.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i feel like this exact statement was used during django and wolf's runs. what is it w/ this dude and long ass movies. next he'll get together with petejackson and end us all.

It'll be the film that never ends, it'll go on and on my friends...

Edited by Orestes

2 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

So how much of the opening is Leo

90% ? 

Lol 

I pretty sure the great marketing by Fox was equally (if not more) important to bring people to theaters.

put Leo in a shit or average looking movie and people won't see it. It happened a couple times in the past.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Didn't Peter Jackson say recently that he didn't know what he was doing while making the Hobbit movies? LOL at least he's honest, but he probably didn't need to tell us that since it was obvious just from watching them.

All here. Hilarious stuff

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/nov/19/peter-jackson-battle-of-the-five-armies-i-didnt-know-what-the-hell-i-was-doing-when-i-made-the-hobbit