WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

4 minutes ago, #ED said:

Any early estimates?

Previous page

2ND UPDATE, Friday 1:08PM: Alejandro Inarritu’s western The Revenant is exploding with current predictions currently at a $33M-$35M three-day wide opening. Some non-Fox distrib chiefs even project that The Revenant could go much higher. Either way, this would be a decent start for the New Regency film which carries a $135M budget. Revenant, which 20th Century Fox is handling for a fee, is still expected to slot second behind the all-powerful Star Wars: The Force Awakens which is looking to do $45M-$50M in No. 1. At that pace, Force Awakens will cross the eight-century mark on Saturday. Episode VII is being held at 4,134 venues in its fourth frame.

• Like 2

So 300M for Zootopia, 500M for BvS, 400M for Civil War, Over Shrek 2 for Finding Dory, 500M for Rogue One

This year we're setting insane expectations for every single movie and screaming flop when they do reasonable numbers instead. I can dig it.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I disagree Leo is one of the few remaining huge draws. 

Look at The Hateful Eight, the most recent example of star power not being a huge driving force. Not to mention that Tarantino is a much more popular director compared to Inarritu. But hey, I guess you could say people chose not to go see TH8 just to save up for The Revenant, to see DiCaprio.

Just now, The Gotham Bank said:

Look at The Hateful Eight, the most recent example of star power not being a huge driving force. Not to mention that Tarantino is a much more popular director compared to Inarritu. But hey, I guess you could say people chose not to go see TH8 just to save up for The Revenant, to see DiCaprio.

Who are the stars in Hateful Eight?

A $30m OW for Revenant is astonishing. I found Birdman to be one of the most overrated films of the decade...except for the truth or dare scenes. I found them astonishingly truthful in their depictions of human characters. Otherwise...it's RIDICULOUSLY overrated. 

Will everyone agree with my opinion? Of course not. Does that mean I'm wrong? Hellllllllll no.

#426 of the universe: the viewpoint of Noctis is law.

Kthx bye.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

So 300M for Zootopia, 500M for BvS, 400M for Civil War, Over Shrek 2 for Finding Dory, 500M for Rogue One

This year we're setting insane expectations for every single movie and screaming flop when they do reasonable numbers instead. I can dig it.

What do you mean "this year", have you forgotten the "50 Shades will open to over 160M", "AoU will do 2B WW", "Mockingjay part 2 will do 400M" among other expectations from 2015 already.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, The Gotham Bank said:

Leo name is built on powerhouse performances in films though. 

Everyone knows I found MJ to be a deeply flawed book that is saved by the last chapters. I loved MJ2. It's such a unique blockbuster that focused so deeply on characters. The scene in the beginning of the film where Katniss is overcome with guilt by the forces she's fighting for is beautifully done.

I know some people here will be thinking "wtf is he thinking"?

But I swear...MJ2 has some of the most grim and genuine moments a blockbuster will ever see. 

• Like 4

Oh and for you college football fans, YES YOU TELE.

Amid the many reasons College Football Playoff Executive Director Bill Hancock gave for the ratings dive, in particular noncompetitive games, one person told to him “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” being in theaters may have hurt them.

The ratings, however, were no laughing matter, a drop-off of 36 percent. The Cotton and Orange Bowl received 9.9 and 9.7 overnight ratings, respectively, while last year, the Rose and Sugar Bowl posted ratings of 15.5 and 15.3. Still, look for the semifinals to be back on New Year’s Eve next year before moving back to New Year’s Day — as originally planned — the following year, according to Hancock.

http://nypost.com/2016/01/08/espns-out-20m-and-playoff-exec-is-blaming-star-wars/

• Like 1