WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Didn't Peter Jackson say recently that he didn't know what he was doing while making the Hobbit movies? LOL at least he's honest, but he probably didn't need to tell us that since it was obvious just from watching them.

LOTR trilogy was in pre-production for 4 years.  Didn't The Hobbit trilogy have like 1 year in addition to beingo expanded it from 2 films to 3 at the last minute?  Yep, theres your answer.   Jackson gets a lot of points for being honest though, unlike Jorge Lucas who thinks everyone else but him is wrong.

Edited by Ozymandias

I'm a big Leo fan and all but after being influenced for years by memes about his "desperation", there were parts of The Revenant that definitely felt like he was begging for that Oscar to the point that it'll be hilarious if he actually loses somehow. Like...

Spoiler

...the scene where he strips naked and crawls inside the carcass of the horse for warmth? It felt like he was literally yelling to voters, "I crawled into a dead horse for warmth from the cold while butt-ass naked! AWARD MEEEEEEEE!!!!" lol.

Just now, filmlover said:

I'm a big Leo fan and all but after being influenced for years by memes about his "desperation", there were parts of The Revenant that definitely felt like he was begging for that Oscar to the point that it'll be hilarious if he actually loses somehow. Like...

Reveal hidden contents

Oh,

that last shot is the best. Literally turning to the camera and begging for it. "Did you see what I just did?"

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

Oh,

Hidden Content

Oh, I definitely won't disagree there.

Spoiler

I thought the last shot was perfectly fitting, however, with Glass looking into the camera and showing whatever's left of his soul after having been through all THAT and then continuing to hear him catch his breath as the end credits started after the fade to black.

26 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Didn't Peter Jackson say recently that he didn't know what he was doing while making the Hobbit movies? LOL at least he's honest, but he probably didn't need to tell us that since it was obvious just from watching them.

tejy5lM.gif

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Darth Rallax said:

Man, I wonder if he regrets going with Blood Diamond over The Departed.  I have to imagine his chances were way better with the Departed since that got Best Picture and Best Director.

It was the choice of the voters and there was confusion about his category for The Departed, while he was unquestionably lead in Blood Diamond (he and Jack Nicholson were both thought to be the ones who would get acting recognition but in the end they both missed and Mark Wahlberg was the one who got the film's sole acting nomination).

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Oh, I definitely won't disagree there.

Reveal hidden contents

Well, I guess I don't agree in terms of the meaning of the shot.

Spoiler

I think it shows how hopelessly muddled Inarritu was; I didn't buy it as insightful to the character, I don't think it reflected anything that well, especially in terms of his (very very late) decision not to follow through on his revenge.