WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

Got back from The Revenant. Busy for the time and theater. There is brilliant movie in there somewhere, but as is, kinda a mess. It is BRUTAL. I saw multiple people look away more than once. There are at least 3 scenes that are way over the top gross: viscera, etc . I expect this to hurt WOM pretty badly.

• Like 2

Another mess of a weekend thread ...lol...typical.

Leo gave one of the all time best performances in Wolf of Wall Street.  He was robbed, even though MCConaughey was excellent in DBC, but Leo just held nothing back and he gave an absolute fearless performance.  I hope he wins this year, haven't even seen it yet but he is due.

I'm watching Titanic tonight....why?  Why not?  I'm just at the part where old Rose says "It's been 84 years...." and I'm in tears already.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

Leo gave one of the all time best performances in Wolf of Wall Street.  He was robbed, even though MCConaughey was excellent in DBC, but Leo just held nothing back and he gave an absolute fearless performance.  I hope he wins this year, haven't even seen it yet but he is due.

I'm watching Titanic tonight....why?  Why not?  I'm just at the part where old Rose says "It's been 84 years...." and I'm in tears already.

I worry that if he doesn't win this year, arguably the weakest year he's ever been in contention, about what he'll do for his next role. Like we're one movie away from him castrating himself for an Oscar. LOL

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Yeah, I agree, DiCaprio deserved to win for Wall Street. 

At this point he should just go for O'Toole's record.

• Like 2

He's too good an actor to not have one yet.  Plus he makes money for studios and he takes risks.  He should of had one by now.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Leo's biggest hurdle most of the time has actually been getting nominated. His Oscar will come even if it (somehow) ends up not being this year.

But he's nominated every time it seems.

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Leo should play a historical character that fights for progressive causes.

Then he locked.

and make him gay then its certain. 

He already tried that to a certain extent (J. Edgar) and we all know how that turned out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Leo's biggest hurdle most of the time has actually been getting nominated. His Oscar will come even if it (somehow) ends up not being this year.

I am curious to see what happens Sunday at the Globes. He goes directly against Redmayne and Fassbender there. Matt Damon is totally getting the Globe in the Comedy category. 

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

He already tried that to a certain extent (J. Edgar) and we all know how that turned out.

That movie was super boring garbage. All of it. 

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

But he's nominated every time it seems.

Not really. He was once thought to be a shoo-in for Revolutionary Road until it was actually seen and had a polarizing reception. Same with Shutter Island until it moved from October to February (a good choice, as the movie simply wasn't awards material). Inception wasn't an actor's showcase. J. Edgar looked like a sure thing on paper but then the film itself turned out to be a total dud. And with Django Unchained he got overshadowed by other actors.

• Like 2

Just now, RichWS said:

The reaction to Revolutionary Road surprised me. I thought it was very effective.

I thought it was terrific personally but it's definitely not subtle about its themes, which is what rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Leo should do a role with a realistic face mask disguise and an alternate name, masquerading as a new actor. Then when he wins the Oscar, peel off the face mask during the acceptance speech.

It's me Academy. It's me Academy. It was me ALL ALONG!

• Like 3