WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Some parents are just irresponsible. I wonder why cinemas don't operate a policy where young children can't be brought into films after 9 or 10pm, R rated or not, it's not fair on the child who wouldn't understand it or find it upsetting. I wouldn't even being a young child to something like Jurassic World unless I know they could handle it.

I remember seeing a couple bring their kids had to be around 5-7 to The Conjuring. One of them started crying and they had to take them out of the theater. They definitely received some dirty looks from others in the theater.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Parents be dumb and rude. I would refuse to bring my child to anything that I know isn't appropriate for him regardless of MPAA rating even if he was ready for that kind of experience yet. Sitter or stay home.

It's frustrating, not just because they'll likely be loud, but because I know watching a grown man get mauled by a bear and eat a liver raw isn't something a 6-7 year old is going to be okay with seeing.

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Some parents are just irresponsible. I wonder why cinemas don't operate a policy where young children can't be brought into films after 9 or 10pm, R rated or not, it's not fair on the child who wouldn't understand it or find it upsetting. I wouldn't even being a young child to something like Jurassic World unless I know they could handle it.

Not only is it going to be emotionally scarring for a child to see something they aren't ready for, the entire theater has to sit and listen to them being traumatized.  It's a no win situation.  

As much as we complain about MPAA being strict, keeping 12 and under children out of R-rated movies and movies past 9pm would be for the best.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

I remember seeing a couple bring their kids had to be around 5-7 to The Conjuring. One of them started crying and they had to take them out of the theater. They definitely received some dirty looks from others in the theater.  

LOL really makes you wonder if these people just show up at the theater, look at the marquee to see what's playing without doing their homework beforehand, and deciding on the most random/inappropriate title there is and saying, "yep, that totally sounds like a fun time for our entire family."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

LOL really makes you wonder if these people just show up at the theater, look at the marquee to see what's playing without doing their homework beforehand, and deciding on the most random/inappropriate title there is and saying, "yep, that totally sounds like a fun time for our entire family."

A lot of times I wonder if these parents can't find a babysitter and instead of not seeing the movie they decide to just bring their kids along. 

58 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Ah yes, let's trash the people who didn't like a particular movie because "it was too smart for them." Always a good time to be had there.

Ride Along 2 higher quality? It hasn't even come out yet. It was clearly an idiotic post. BTW The Revenant has a very simple story, but I bet a lot of people don't get its message. Haters gonna hate, but the numbers are on the quality side ?

Edited by The Dark Alfred

1 minute ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Ride Along 2 higher quality? It hasn't even come out yet. It was clearly an idiotic post. BTW The Revenant has a very simple story, but I bet a lot of people don't get its message. Haters gonna hate, but the numbers our on the quality side ?

LOL. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

That's great that you like it so much, but one would actually have to be mentally challenged to lack the intelligence to understand The Revenant. Let's not pretend here it's too "complex" for some people. 

I actually was a bit disappointed by it, it lacked emotional punch to me. Still top 10 material and a beautiful film, just expected more. Prefer Birdman tbh.

2 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Ride Along 2 higher quality? It hasn't even come out yet. It was clearly an idiotic post. BTW The Revenant has a very simple story, but I bet a lot of people don't get its message. Haters gonna hate, but the numbers our on the quality side ?

I'm guessing this one is too because nowhere in my post did I mention Ride Along 2, let alone it being of "higher quality" than The Revenant. Quit while you're ahead.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

A lot of times I wonder if these parents can't find a babysitter and instead of not seeing the movie they decide to just bring their kids along. 

Even doping them up on a ton of Nyquil or something before taking them is better parenting than just letting them outright watch The Revenant. I mean damn. 

• Like 1