WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

A funny thing to notice is that since Star Wars a lot of films have over-performed - Chipmunks (compared to 90% predictions), Sisters, Daddy's Home, Big Short and now Revenant and The Forest, whereas every single film between The Martian and Star Wars under-performed or flopped. Looks like the theory that People were waiting and saving their time and money for Star Wars all along was indeed true. And since getting released it has helped all other films too by bringing so many people to the theaters.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Was really good until they introduced Bughuul. 

Are you kidding?! I almost passed out in the first time that he appeared...... But I have to admit that he was the main problem of the sequel, the best thing in the first movie was that we never knew when he was going to appear, while he was everywhere in the second movie.......

33 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

The $1B Domestic dream is collapsing. :(

It's a fairly recent dream though, not worth being disappointed over :). 600m was the dream before the release. Then when the ow happened 800m. Then 900m. Then > than Avatar by 200m. 1b is like 5 levels of inception!

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Way to take my personal opinion way too seriously. I can feel that way if I want too, you dont need to post a thesis to tell me why I'm wrong.

I do not even think you are wrong, I only disagree.

I tried to show why, it's difficult for me to find words that match, hence I try to decribe it.

15 minutes ago, Infernus said:

A funny thing to notice is that since Star Wars a lot of films have over-performed - Chipmunks (compared to 90% predictions), Sisters, Daddy's Home, Big Short and now Revenant and The Forest, whereas every single film between ...

I think it confirms what (I wrote already about that from time to time) the cinema owners association (or so) released

~ blockbuster get people into the cinemas for several reasons, one main one:

the part of the audience maybe not that often going into the cinema... see trailers and other advertising material there

= seems to have a bigger impact on a heightened interest for other movies, as to see it on the small screen (or smallest screen see mobiles, pads or whatever)... probably hidden between tons of other advertising.

plus some for spill overs / via sold out...

If I remember right, it was something about an effect for a few weeks, a moth or so?

I think the statement got released ~ late in 2014

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Infernus said:

A funny thing to notice is that since Star Wars a lot of films have over-performed - Chipmunks (compared to 90% predictions), Sisters, Daddy's Home, Big Short and now Revenant and The Forest, whereas every single film between The Martian and Star Wars under-performed or flopped. Looks like the theory that People were waiting and saving their time and money for Star Wars all along was indeed true. And since getting released it has helped all other films too by bringing so many people to the theaters.

To be fair, the Christmas break always allows for multiple movies to flourish even when one movie is completely dominating over everything else.

2 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:

On the topic of JOY (which I hated)..i guess these numbers are actually bad

Not sure how that reflects on JLAW's star power

Well it's not exactly good for her combined with MJ2's underperformance. Luckily for her, she has two movies this year that are likely to be big hits regardless of her star power. 

• Like 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Well it's not exactly good for her combined with MJ2's underperformance. Luckily for her, she has two movies this year that are likely to be big hits regardless of her star power. 

X-Men won't do anything for her since the cast of those movies has become too vast to allow anyone to stand out. Passengers will be a test for both her and Chris Pratt (this will also be the first movie to actually be sold on his name as well).