WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

25 minutes ago, Jay Salahi said:

No matter how its projected it still looks different. Iphone footage looks different than 5D footage which looks different than the Red which looks different from the Alexa or film and do on. 

I can tell what camera they shot on usually just from a trailer, if you open your eyes to it you'll notice too. 

Super interesting! I'll have to learn what to look for. Was TFA on film? 

Just now, Jack Nevada said:

BTW I guess the guy who directed The Artist kinda went the Roberto Benigni route of winning all kinds of Oscars and then doing some total flop piece of crap.

cos dude made comedies and he wins an oscar and is all "oh, that means I'm a serious fucking filmmaker now". which... didn't go well. Watch adam mckay go through the same thing and make a movie about syrian refugees in 2017.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

I don't think he's in a theater

Oh cool guy with a screener? Ether way I'm sure all that natural light looks great in 480 haha

I never got that. Here is a screener, now vote for best sound mixing and sound editing on this DVD copy! Like how is that possible? 

• Like 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

cos dude made comedies and he wins an oscar and is all "oh, that means I'm a serious fucking filmmaker now". which... didn't go well. Watch adam mckay go through the same thing and make a movie about syrian refugees in 2017.

McKay should do a live action South Park spinoff of Mr. Mackey next. Mmmkay. 

11 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Haha, so true! I think The Departed is probably the last winner not many people bitched and moaned about winning. 

Nah, people were throwing around phrases like "lifetime achievement award". 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jay Salahi said:

If you loved it you'd be watching the movie, what is this texting BS baumer? 

I'm at home

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Well it's not exactly good for her combined with MJ2's underperformance. Luckily for her, she has two movies this year that are likely to be big hits regardless of her star power. 

Maybe JLaw's XXX pics and vids did have an impact.  Add in her recent very partisan, polarizing political remarks and it wouldn't be a surprise if her fanbase has thinned a bit.

Edited by Gumby

6 minutes ago, Cookson said:

I think the max TFA can make now is 900m domestically

Without MLK weekend and Valentine's Day/President's Day coming up, maybe.  It could have shitty holds from here on out and it would still get over 900m

8 minutes ago, Cookson said:

I think the max TFA can make now is 900m domestically

It will be ~810m with a 40m weekend. I think it can add at least 2.5x the weekend gross to it's total for 910m. 3x the weekend more will give it 930m.

• Like 1

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

Yep, I agree. It's a fun franchise but clearly plenty of issues.

So take a crack at it, write what you think are the 25 films that brainwashed people into thinking that they like them.

36 minutes ago, Jay Salahi said:

I thought the Artist was amazing. There is that moment when its 3 takes in a row and in those 3 takes our leads fall in love with each other. Its the same shot 3 times but played 3 different ways, pure filmmaking if you ask me. 

Just like Citizen Kane except for all the moments being pure filmmaking. :ph34r: