WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

1 minute ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Go back and read before you post. I didn't said your post was idiotic. I was referring to another post that stated that it's a shame that a trash like Revenant beats SW instead of the higher quality film like Ride Along 2.

8f434d9fef6da2f03938ef104501f5df.gif

Oh, I'm aware of Tarantino's intelligence like on a lot of levels, but I can't deny his films have stupid moments in them. Not nearly as stupid as many other filmmakers, but they're there.

My mom actually always mentions his IQ whenever he comes up in film conversations lol.

Just now, The Dark Alfred said:

Go back and read before you post. I didn't said your post was idiotic. I was referring to another post that stated that it's a shame that a trash like Revenant beats SW instead of the higher quality film like Ride Along 2.

Said post was sarcastic. Think next time before you potentially open a can of worms.

7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I agree  the time of day should have nothing to do with it.   But there should be age limit for Rated R movies.  We have all kinds of laws to protect children from their parents, too bad most aren't enforced enough but this doesn't need the gov't or a law, just common sense implementation and rules by the industry.  There's already one in place that parents can't take their children to Rated X movies.  Same concept.

So then you would end hp with ratings of:

G, PG, PG-13, NC-12 and NC-17?

That's pretty ridiculous and in no way a good thing for movies. 

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

1. This isn't remotely the same thing and

2. is entirely subjective

It was a kinda off-the-cuff comment tbh. I kinda meant more outside of his films anyway with his frequent shenanigans in the press such as "DISNEY IS TRYING TO FUCK ME WITH EXTORTIONIST PRACTICES" or the other silly stuff he's engaged in recently

Dumb comment anyway, I rescind it because tbh I like Tarantino that I don't really want to get in argument about the man where I'd be putting him down

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

blank i'm gonna have to block ur sig. the "my one true love" creeps me out. reminds me of the jodie foster guy.

LOL it's cool (although IDK the Jodie Foster guy haha)

Maybe someday I'll get rid of it (AKA once I'm poor and can't afford the premium account) 

Ugghhh ..... I just saw these results for Friday earlier and my heart broke!

To paraphrase Obi-Wan "It was as if a billion dollars suddenly screamed out and in a moment were silenced!".

That 1 billion dollar goal shattered. Before this weekend, people were talking optimistically about how this film was going to see lower drop offs in the weeks to come and begin to level out with declines/ Suffice it to say, that AINT happening. I don't understand? I mean, I never expected Avatar declines, but I was hoping for better than this.

Any theories as to why Friday had such a HUGE drop off? Because that really shocked the hell out of me.

People were talking about this film performing like RoTK, or something like that, going forward. This does not comport with those comparisons.

Edited by RogueLeader

5 minutes ago, Rallax said:

So then you would end hp with ratings of:

G, PG, PG-13, NC-12 and NC-17?

That's pretty ridiculous and in no way a good thing for movies. 

Other counties manage just fine with more age restrictive ratings.  It's not a matter of it being good for movies but protecting children when their parents are too lazy, stupid or selfish to do so and the industry doesn't care as long as they sell a ticket. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Both women are very good in this. Even Kyle Chandler is fantastic.

I wish he were in more projects.  It's great he can be selective but damn, I love him in just about everything.  Friday Night Lights is my all time favorite show but he was fantastic in Bloodline as well.

4 minutes ago, RogueLeader said:

Any theories as to why Friday had such a HUGE drop off? Because that really shocked the hell out of me.

Because it was coming off not one but two heavily inflated Fridays that negated the inherent frontloadedness of this particular movie.

2 minutes ago, RogueLeader said:

BTW is anyone in here ACTUALLY discussing box office results? I checked the last 3 pages and was shocked to hear no mention of box office money. The hell?

Looks like this thread derailed faster than Star Wars' billion dollar hopes! :)

All the hot-n-heavy talk happened yesterday and maybe a little this morning. We'll see if things pick up with late night Sat estimates. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Because it was coming off not one but two heavily inflated Fridays that negated the inherent frontloadedness of this particular movie.

I think its time we start discussing the REALISTIC final gross of the film then. If it isn't going to be 1 BN, than what are we looking at?

950? Maybe! Is even that too much to hope for now?