WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

2 minutes ago, The Gotham Bank said:

Do you think the bear should get an oscar nom for best supporting actress or should they just nom her for best overall actress?

I am thinking best overall.  It's a truly emotional scene from what I hear ;) 

Now the question is, what will become of Leo after he wins? Will he retire? Turn to dust? Start clamoring for that second Oscar? Or enter the "I don't give a shit" stage of his career by signing on for things like a Care Bears reboot?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Infernus said:

Whoo Hoo! I always believed in Leo and Revenant. It will be interesting to see how far this gets. If it reaches 150m, that would be absolutely incredible.

I'd be shocked if it passed 100M, WOM on it will be terrible once the GA discovers what Inarritu means

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Now the question is, what will become of Leo after he wins? Will he retire? Turn to dust? Start clamoring for that second Oscar? Or enter the "I don't give a shit" stage of his career by signing on for things like a Care Bears reboot?

He will remake Titanic and play the ship captain himself. Then, when it sinks, he will put on his marine cap and grab his Oscar, and say ' I've no regrets.'

$3b WW.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

So, is that final possibility what happened to DeNiro?

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

It is interesting how it is this past decade his draw power has really taken off, not so much the decade following Titanic. I mean he did have Catch Me if You Can and The Departed in that span, but it has been since Shutter Island he's been so huge and consistent. 

If he had chosen to do rom coms in the late 90's/early 00's he may have stood a chance to eclipse Smith and Cruise at the BO and become Twilight in the form of a person.

1 hour ago, Spaghetti said:

IT'S HAPPENING!

article-2571949-1C01D75E00000578-255_634

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Let's not get carried away. He wouldn't even be winning this year if he had no competition. And watch someone like Carell upset in a TBS sweep. :lol:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Now watch this happen:

leonardo-dicaprio-oscar-sorry-leo-i-made

anigif_original-31609-1424670977-20.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

If he had chosen to do rom coms in the late 90's/early 00's he may have stood a chance to eclipse Smith and Cruise at the BO and become Twilight in the form of a person.

You mean, what if he played in Attack of the Clones? Skywalker's role was offered to him after all.

6 minutes ago, Wrath said:

So, is that final possibility what happened to DeNiro?

Pretty much. Just from the previews for Dirty Grandpa, I doubt De Niro looked at lines like "I'd rather have Queen Latifah shit in my mouth from a hot air balloon!" and instantly said, "I just have to do this movie."

• Like 1

My friend saw revenant in Vancouver last night. He said it was like 99% sold out and it's in his top 10 all time movies. Canada isn't known where audiences react to movies as much, but there was a standing ovation according to him.

• Like 3