WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

11 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I doubt that. SW7 should have a solid hold for sure. its monday to thursday hold is quite good.

I have 50M for.SW7 while Revenant around 45M so certainly close enough for a race.

• Like 1

I just want everyone to remain calm. I understand that best QB of all time will start for the Broncos next weekend. 

With that said, please remember to not discuss your excitement in this thread but rather in the sports forum. Thanks.

2.png

• Like 4

Just now, tribefan695 said:

Who could've guessed Inarritu outperforming Tarantino

Again, it all came down to marketing in this case. One movie had a near blockbuster level campaign, and the other was left to hope that people just knew it was coming out. Leo doesn't hurt either of course. 

• Like 4

THE REVENANT earned $2.3M from Thursday night shows as it eyes a strong wide opening weekend...

For now, we're projecting the film will score around $33 million this weekend with potential to go higher. That would land it in a strong second place showing behind the presumed four-peat of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which is aiming for another weekend close to $50 million.

Meanwhile, The Forest pulled $515,000 from 1,700 theaters last night, comparing favorably to last year's The Lazarus Effect ($350K Thursday / $10.2 million weekend). A similar weekend finish is probably in store for Forest

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

Just now, tribefan695 said:

Easy to say that now. They're on opposite ends from their last films

Yeah, I don't think many were predicting Revenant over H8 3 months ago. However, it has seemed pretty obvious for the last month or so given the marketing for each film.