WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

Guys are going to be shocked when Carol gets 10 Oscar nominations and wins for Best Picture this year. And no I am not kidding. The Weinstein will find a way to make sure that this wins again this year. If they could make Shakespeare in Love and the artist Best Picture winners they can certainly do it for Carol which is a much much better film than those two.

• Like 1

Just now, Baumer said:

Guys are going to be shocked when Carol gets 10 Oscar nominations and wins for Best Picture this year. And no I am not kidding. The Weinstein will find a way to make sure that this wins again this year. If they could make Shakespeare in Love and the artist Best Picture winners they can certainly do it for Carol which is a much much better film than those two.

No PGA nomination=no win.

Just now, Baumer said:

I honestly thought that too not that long ago, but it has been getting an awful lot of important pre-cursor snubs lately. And have you seen TBS yet Baumer? Again, once you see it it becomes pretty obvious it is exactly what the Academy would go for these days. I can't see it losing. 

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yeah, that's a really great OW for it. It basically followed Krampus' pattern. Interesting that we've had two horror films in a row increasing on their first Saturday (The Visit also did it too in September). Wonder if this is a new pattern for the genre, less frontloaded? 

I don't think they're being less front loaded, tbh. It's more like it is receiving a good WOM, almost every horror movie that had an increase on Saturday, ended with a good multiple.... That's a great start for horror, we already have the first hit of year, and at least 3 more movies that are locked to be hits (TP3, TC2 & O2), it can be another 2013 for horror! 

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

But.. what about Room?

$104 mill Star Wars this weekend. That means that it fell less than 50% from markets besides China. That is a pretty good hold and in my opinion it will have enough to pass Titanic worldwide.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

i wish. but no, carol is a little too esoteric to be a winner.

honestly people like to shit on harv but this year i think he has the two best awards players w/ carol and h8ful 8. of course whenever he has the best movies is always the year he doesn't win.

• Like 1

DADDY'S HOME took in an estimated $15.00M this weekend and has grossed $116.31M to date domestically.

All time ww

Rank Title Studio Worldwide Domestic / % Overseas / % Year^
1 Avatar Fox $2,788.0 $760.5 27.3% $2,027.5 72.7% 2009^
2 Titanic Par. $2,186.8 $658.7 30.1% $1,528.1 69.9% 1997^
3 Star Wars: The Force Awakens BV $1,733.4 $812.0 46.8% $921.4 53.2% 2015
4 Jurassic World Uni. $1,669.0 $652.3 39.1% $1,016.7 60.9% 2015
  • Like 1

I will be absolutely shocked if hateful eight get any kind of serious Oscar recognition. But I will not be shocked when Carol leads the way. The Weinstein's just have an act of doing it. They will send out all of their brides all of their cocaine all of their prostitutes and they will remind the academy members of all the pictures they have of them screwing donkeys from 20 years ago and then Carol will get all the Oscar nominations and when about six of them including Best Picture.