Alpha

88TH ANNUAL ACADEMY AWARDS Discussion Topic (LIVE! Today's discussion begins on pg 33)

2 minutes ago, #ED said:

Take the best picture race, which had room for 10 films but ended up only with eight — leaving out “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” the most beloved and biggest box office winner, and “Carol,” the year’s majestic mood piece.

One was too big. The other, too gay.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/2016-oscar-nominations-snubbed-article-1.2496697

Star Wars was really gay? :thinking:

I'm pretty sure they were referring to Carol.

• Like 1

Overlooked for best original song was “See You Again,” from “Furious 7,” which was considered by many to be a front-runner. Why? Too rap. Recorded by rapper Wiz Khalifa, the song was written in memory of the late Paul Walker. The omission shows a tin ear and lack of empathy by nominators.

I’m not saying Hollywood is racist, homophobic or ageist.

The town says so itself every year at Oscar time.  

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/2016-oscar-nominations-snubbed-article-1.2496697

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Best score for Star Wars? I mean I liked the score but on the list of Star Wars scores it is pretty low 

I would agree it's not one of his top Star Wars scores  but it's still awesome.

Lower tier of John Williams Star Wars scores is still solid gold.

4 minutes ago, #ED said:

Overlooked for best original song was “See You Again,” from “Furious 7,” which was considered by many to be a front-runner. Why? Too rap. Recorded by rapper Wiz Khalifa, the song was written in memory of the late Paul Walker. The omission shows a tin ear and lack of empathy by nominators.

I’m not saying Hollywood is racist, homophobic or ageist.

The town says so itself every year at Oscar time.  

Vin Diesel singing it everywhere is probably what turned people against it - it made it maudlin and cheesy.  The Oscars have nominated Rap songs before and this one won! :lol:

13 minutes ago, #ED said:

Take the best picture race, which had room for 10 films but ended up only with eight — leaving out “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” the most beloved and biggest box office winner, and “Carol,” the year’s majestic mood piece.

One was too big. The other, too gay.

Star Wars was really gay? :thinking:

Finn x Poe 4 lyfe

• Like 2

It is all good to me. I accept the Carol snub (I haven't seen it, tho, and I remember stuff like Philomena getting in :lol: I liked that movie, not sure about it being Best Picture material, tho) and the Ridley Scott snub. I even accept the hilarious category fraud with Alicia Vikander and Rooney Mara. All is good because my girl Jennifer Lawrence is a 4 time Oscar nominee :) 

• Like 2

Jlaw backlash, punching bag ...

Really ?

What the fuck happened , the internet is having their period over her ?

What did she do ?

Who decided this Jlaw backlash, Trump, the NSA, Apple, who ?

:sherlock:

Edited by The Futurist

I just noticed this

Best Supporting Actor

Christian Bale, The Big Short-Batman/Bruce Wayne

Tom Hardy, The Revenant-Bane

Mark Ruffalo, Spotlight-Bruce Banner-Hulk

Mark Rylance, Bridge of Spies

Sylvester Stallone, Creed-Judge Dredd