Alpha

88TH ANNUAL ACADEMY AWARDS Discussion Topic (LIVE! Today's discussion begins on pg 33)

if they really cared about the length of the show, they should get rid of the live playing of the music nominees at the very least and probably do some of the "lesser" awards before the live show.  It's not rocket science to make the show 3 hours long :P 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

It will end up at around 5 AM (you and me are on the same timezone). 

Jeez. Well I guess I can do that, given that I have a bad habit of not getting to sleep until ~5 anyway. Just need to make sure I actually go to bed as soon as it finishes.

• Like 1

Just now, 75live said:

if they really cared about the length of the show, they should get rid of the live playing of the music nominees at the very least and probably do some of the "lesser" awards before the live show.  It's not rocket science to make the show 3 hours long :P 

The longer it drags on for, the more ad revenue they make. $$$$$$$$$

1 minute ago, Total Treecall said:

Uh, well then I dunno why you thought it wasn't very cinematic. I thought it looked terrific on the big screen, the cinematography was wonderful.

Well Carol, which takes place at the same time period and even the same city, was infintely more immersive and cinematic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 75live said:

Or just cut all of the performances, really.

At least those two nitwits are no longer producing. The last 5 minutes of Grease Live was a better tribute to the magic of movies than anything those two guys put together in their 3 Oscar shows combined, so I wouldn't mind if they got the people behind that to produce the Oscars down the road.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

12750285_1138148536218294_1645822810_n.j

Can we please get rid of those 3 please ?

Thx.

Car accident perhaps while twitting this pic?

Here s to hope.

Funny thing is that if it was JLaw doing this you wouldn't be posting right now, instead cleaning off your screen.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

Saw Brooklyn earlier today. It's a cute story but COME THE FUCK ON. No business being nominated. Shit was a straight-up TV movie. 

A TV movie with Saiorse Ronan shitting in a bucket, don't forget that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Or just cut all of the performances, really.

At least those two nitwits are no longer producing. The last 5 minutes of Grease Live was a better tribute to the magic of movies than anything those two guys put together in their 3 Oscar shows combined, so I wouldn't mind if they got the people behind that to produce the Oscars down the road.

yeah, I didn't even want to go that far, I was just saying get rid of all the best song performances :P  but yeah I wouldn't mind stopping all  other performances either.

Edited by 75live

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I have got to be up at 6:30 AM. I will basically sleep for an hour.

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

basically i've gotta be up at 8 tomorrow and these finish probably at 5 why do i do this to myself.

Damn. I can't complain now, as I haven't got work until Thursday.. :unsure:

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Jacob Tremblay Mistakes Anthony Mackie For Falcon At Independent Spirit Awards

http://comicbook.com/2016/02/28/jacob-tremblay-mistakes-anthony-mackie-for-falcon-at-independent/

The kid is legit all fucked up. Somebody control that damn thing plz. 

Now he has Scorsese/Abrams glasses on, oh god.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Jacob Tremblay Mistakes Anthony Mackie For Falcon At Independent Spirit Awards

http://comicbook.com/2016/02/28/jacob-tremblay-mistakes-anthony-mackie-for-falcon-at-independent/

The kid is legit all fucked up. Somebody control that damn thing plz. 

There is no way that wasn't a scripted bit. I mean come on. The kid is 9. Of course they would have fun with the fact that he only would recognize Anthony Mackie from his Marvel movies and not things like The Hurt Locker and Million Dollar Baby and so on.