efialtes76

Weekend revised estimates and 4 days totals pg 43 4 day est: RA2: 41.6: The Rev: 39.0... SW7: 32.5

36 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Glad to see an adult and risk movie paying off its big investment 

go Revenant go

Approved budget was 60 mill and it was never intended to go that high..

But nature made it go 75 mill over budget

1 minute ago, fmpro said:

Approved budget was 60 mill and it was never intended to go that high..

But nature made it go 75 mill over budget

It had less to do with nature and more with a Director out of his usual element left to run amok. A budget ballooning from from $60m to $160m before tax incentives is crazy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

It had less to do with nature and more with a Director out of his usual element left to run amok. A budget ballooning from from $60m to $160m before tax incentives is crazy.

Well allright then

8 minutes ago, syntaxerror said:

Where does everyone think TFA will end up?

Variety's projection looks about right

In third place for the weekend is “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” which generated $6 million on Friday from 3,822 locations in its fifth frame. The space opera will finish the four-day period with $32 million

I'm glad Norm is underperforming because this sort of films cheapens animation with recycled ideas and terrible animation. 

I suspect Fox must be relieved that The Revenant is doing well, I suspect they were prepared to write it off. It still needs to do $400m WW to break even which I think is doable 

Just now, Mockingjay Raphael said:

So, next week we officially have the first bomb of year, with it's currently 20% score at Tomatoes, zero buzz and no stars, can we expect at least $15m for T5W?  

It is having a solid OW here. Not sure about the other 11 countries where it is opening this weekend. I think one of them is Australia. That should be a good indicator for DOM OW next week. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm glad Norm is underperforming because this sort of films cheapens animation with recycled ideas and terrible animation. 

I suspect Fox must be relieved that The Revenant is doing well, I suspect they were prepared to write it off. It still needs to do $400m WW to break even which I think is doable 

200-225 mill DOM could almost do it alone and let tv and stream take care of the rest...

But this should do 400-500 mill WW with a BP win