efialtes76

Weekend revised estimates and 4 days totals pg 43 4 day est: RA2: 41.6: The Rev: 39.0... SW7: 32.5

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Dirty Grandpa does look pretty funny, tho. I can see it doing a good 19-21M OW. 

I have no idea what to think of Dirty Grandpa. Do Efron's films still attract teens and college-aged females or are gay men the only people who pay to see him now?

8 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

I have no idea what to think of Dirty Grandpa. Do Efron's films still attract teens and college-aged females or are gay men the only people who pay to see him now?

No one saw his last movie (We Are Your Friends). If this too flops (and I'm getting this sense it'll come and go quietly, the ads make it look like a sitcom you might as well not watch) then he better either get a new agent or start picking better scripts or else he's destined to become the next Ryan Phillippe.

Also, Dirty Grandpa has a De Niro/Aubrey Plaza sex scene. I think we all could've gone through life without THAT mental image.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

No one saw his last movie (We Are Your Friends). If this too flops (and I'm getting this sense it'll come and go quietly, the ads make it look like a sitcom you might as well not watch) then he better either get a new agent or start picking better scripts or else he's destined to become the next Ryan Phillippe.

Also, Dirty Grandpa has a De Niro/Aubrey Plaza sex scene. I think we all could've gone through life without THAT mental image.

Who's Ryan Phillippe ?

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

He still has Neighbors 2 and Baywatch so he is gonna be just fine. 

30 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

If there is one thing Avatar-fans will be happy about......is Avatar keeping it's WW-crown.

The real battle will be Titanic's WW, team Jack and Rose will reign supreme.

Also I'm calling out every sws fan on here who pretended world wide doesn't matter in advance for when TFA approaches Titanic's WW. If you go see TFA to try and push it over the 2.18B mark you're a hypocrite. You're also a hypocrite if you post on here celebrating if it passes Titanic.

Edited by IronJimbo

The biggest TC of Portugal was really stupid this weekend. "Oh this sci-fi movie is opening, lets put it in the 5th or 6th biggest screen we have in every theaters where it is". Now it is 7:25 PM, 2 hours until most shows start and The 5th Wave is sold out in half of their theaters. GOOD FUCKING JOB. 

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Also I'm calling out every sws fan on here who pretended world wide doesn't matter in advance for when TFA approaches Titanic's WW. If you go see TFA to try and push it over the 2.18B mark you're a hypocrite. You're also a hypocrite if you post on here celebrating if it passes Titanic.

Well, before SW: EP7's release, i never thought it would beat Avatar & Titanic, WW-wise. I always thought Titanic is safe at 2nd place WW.

3rd place WW for Force Awakens is not disappointing....as long it's #1 movie of 2015.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Oh so true. You know they're gonna get all hyped if it comes close or eclipses Titanic, yet they'll downplay it not beating Avatar. Fanboys I tell ya lol. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DamienRoc said:

Because people don't always agree? You have to accept that there's going to be divisive opinions in critical analysis. Sometimes a film that everyone hates will get a positive review. Sometimes one that everyone loves will get a negative. Inside Out and MMFR and Selma and Boyhood all got negative reviews. Not many, sure, but enough that it's clear they were not truly universally beloved. And that's fine. The people who wrote those reviews (or the positive one for NOTN) are free to have that opinion. You're free to disagree.

It would be boring if every RT score was either 100% or 0%.

what you are saying is true in the general sense. However, this is an extreme example. To be one of the 7% who did not like TFA and the only one who like norm tells me your publication sucks at reviewing movies (great reviewers are great because the way they feel about a movie aligns with many people, that makes their reviews useful for people). 

That said, I just checked RT and they changed their review to a rotten and changed the heading. Seems to me they saw how terrible other people are reviewing the movie and did not want to be the only ones who "liked" it. 

Edited by tokila
  • Like 2