efialtes76

Weekend revised estimates and 4 days totals pg 43 4 day est: RA2: 41.6: The Rev: 39.0... SW7: 32.5

2 minutes ago, Darth Dexter of Hoth said:

Nah it is pretty shitty. With a really bad villain. I am an evil general "ahhhhh" Plus it has the whole white savior thing for it. 

2.7 Billion says otherwise,something TFA will never reach. :)Lol, doubt you should bring up bad villains being a fan of TFA. Napoleon Dynamite, I mean Kylo Ren was awful. Anyway, to get back on track to the weekend numbers glad this movie is finally slowing down. Looks like 900m will be out of reach. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

The real battle will be Titanic's WW, team Jack and Rose will reign supreme.

Also I'm calling out every sws fan on here who pretended world wide doesn't matter in advance for when TFA approaches Titanic's WW. If you go see TFA to try and push it over the 2.18B mark you're a hypocrite. You're also a hypocrite if you post on here celebrating if it passes Titanic.

WW gross is important of course, but international numbers fluctuate wildly depending on exchange rates. Avatar would have made $2.3 billion with today's ER.

For ex, Avatar made €115 million in Germany, around $165 million with 2009/10 ER. TFA would need to make €152 million to get to $165 million today.

It is even worse with Russian Ruble. It lost more than 60% of its value compared to 2010.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

2.7 Billion says otherwise,something TFA will never reach. :)Lol, doubt you should bring up bad villains being a fan of TFA. Napoleon Dynamite, I mean Kylo Ren was awful. Anyway, to get back on track to the weekend numbers glad this movie is finally slowing down. Looks like 900m will be out of reach. 

Trolling at its finest

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

what? its going to be at 855-860 mil at the end of the 4 day. For frame of reference JW did 60 mil more after the same point in its run. If TFA just does JW it makes 920 mil. 

• Like 3

Just now, A District 3 Engineer said:

And NotN lost its only fresh review. it's at zero again

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/norm_of_the_north/

The consensus is epic:

A pioneering feat in the field of twerking polar bear animation but blearily retrograde in every other respect, Norm of the North should only be screened in case of parental emergency.

:rofl:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tokila said:

what? its going to be at 855-860 mil at the end of the 4 day. For frame of reference JW did 60 mil more after the same point in its run. If TFA just does JW it makes 920 mil. 

don't feed that troll........ if he can't check numbers, it's clear that TFA will make at least 920+, I think it will be closer to 930-940

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TommyA10 said:

WW gross is important of course, but international numbers fluctuate wildly depending on exchange rates. Avatar would have made $2.3 billion with today's ER.

For ex, Avatar made €115 million in Germany, around $165 million with 2009/10 ER. TFA would need to make €152 million to get to $165 million today.

It is even worse with Russian Ruble. It lost more than 60% of its value compared to 2010.

Again, that is disregarding inflation and market expansions. From your example, Avatar would have made about €130m in Germany today with TFA ticket prices.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

The real battle will be Titanic's WW, team Jack and Rose will reign supreme.

Also I'm calling out every sws fan on here who pretended world wide doesn't matter in advance for when TFA approaches Titanic's WW. If you go see TFA to try and push it over the 2.18B mark you're a hypocrite. You're also a hypocrite if you post on here celebrating if it passes Titanic.

Exchange rates make the comparison incredibly difficult.  Avatar had an amazing WW run, but TFA would have to sell between 20-30% more tickets OS to match its gross due to ER alone, and 4% more DOM due to the free fall in the Canadian dollar. 

I think if you could look at tickets sold globally, it would probably end up pretty even between TFA and Avatar. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LinksterAC said:

Exchange rates make the comparison incredibly difficult.  Avatar had an amazing WW run, but TFA would have to sell between 20-30% more tickets OS to match its gross due to ER alone, and 4% more DOM due to the free fall in the Canadian dollar. 

I think if you could look at tickets sold globally, it would probably end up pretty even between TFA and Avatar. 

Talk about mental gymastics, you don't change the numbers when you call TFA's domestic run (Titanic more tickets by far).

6 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Again, that is disregarding inflation and market expansions. From your example, Avatar would have made about €130m in Germany today with TFA ticket prices.

Because German ticket prices, measured in Euros, have inflated faster than US ticket prices measured in dollars?

Some markets have certainly expanded, but I doubt Germany is one of them.  And, yes, markets change, but if we are trying to talk about revenue, it's probably better to measure each OS gross in its native currency to get an idea of the actual success of the film there.  

Not trying to knock Avatar.  I absolutely love that film.  But if it released today, even with expanded markets in some regions, it wouldn't come close to matching its own gross if you are measuring in US dollars.  The ER situation is significantly different. 

No doubt in native currencies, it would blow Avatar 2009 out of the water. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Talk about mental gymastics, you don't change the numbers when you call TFA's domestic run (Titanic more tickets by far).

There's no question Titanic sold more tickets than TFA has or will.  Where did I suggest otherwise?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Elessar said:

115mil euro's in 09 is equal to 124mil in 2015 (Nov). 

Using ticket price to adjust to inflation is faulty. Adjusting gross to inflation is a much more stable way to look at it. 

If the 30 mil increase you gave is based on ticket price that says that the cost of tickets has increased at twice the rate of inflation meaning it is more expensive now to go to the movies. Based on simple economic that would mean all other things remaining equal(basically transplant the situation Avatar was in back in 09 to now) Avatar would sell less tickets in 2015. This is why using ticket price to adjust for inflation is faulty. 

A good example in the US. If you adjust Titanic by ticket price it comes out to 1166mil. If you adjust Titanic's gross (breaking appart the 600 made in 1998 and the 60 made in 2012) by inflation Titanic made 940 million in todays's dollars. 

TFA's 900 milionish it will make now will actually be more VALUABLE than the 600 million Titanic made in 1998 (by a solid margin) because the 600 adjust to 873mil. 

• Like 4