efialtes76

Weekend revised estimates and 4 days totals pg 43 4 day est: RA2: 41.6: The Rev: 39.0... SW7: 32.5

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

This crap again?

Yep, the same person started it as usual too so it was expected 

It's going to be like this for years sadly 

Edited by 75live

2 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Poor mods...

Btw, where are you?!

I am here, but what do you want me to do? Nothing illegal is being made here, people are just repeating the same discussion that was made 9999920482938579376984 times before.

36 minutes ago, hw64 said:

The mental gymnastics taking place in this thread right now is hilarious.

Trying to twist it so TFA's domestic run is somehow more successful than Titanic's? When was profitability ever a measure of success to anyone but studios? I've never heard of "the most profitable movies of all time" being talked about by anyone, ever.

The ways in which people are trying to twist things to make TFA seem more successful are getting more and more ridiculous by the day.

Nobody has to twist anything. TFA is BY FAR the highest grossing movie in North America, the gold standard for measuring box office success. There's no twisting needed. We absolutely blew away the competition. 

I'm thrilled with how the film did overseas. I didn't know how that would play out, but seeing it hit #1 in the UK easily is also awesome.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, smokeylarue said:

" I know how this will sound but I don't really care all that much for OS numbers. "

Well I think you understood how your post would sound otherwise you wouldn't say the above sentence now wouldn't you? 

Seriously?

I meant that it would make me sound somewhat closed minded in that I don't really care all that much about OS numbers lol

Thats it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I am here, but what do you want me to do? Nothing illegal is being made here, people are just repeating the same discussion that was made 9999920482938579376984 times before.

I have seen (grumpy) mods put a stop to these discussions.

1 hour ago, LinksterAC said:

There's no question Titanic sold more tickets than TFA has or will.  Where did I suggest otherwise?

to throw a monkey in the wrench

with so many repeat viewing. I wonder is SW7 sold tickets to less "people" than avatar

if a movie wins because because 20% go to see it 3-10 times is not the same as more people going to the theater

there is no way avatar had this much repeat viewership:D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

Yep no reason to be in this thread

yeah sadly it's been spreading to too many threads.  I think we need a sane thread added somewhere :P 

• Like 2

I don't want to take away anything TFA did, its run was nothing short of amazing. However just looking at the wikipedia list of highest grossing movies of all time, 46 out of the top 50 movies of all time were released in 2001 or after. Box office inflation is massive, all these records we're celebrating today will all be obsolete in a decade, given the explosion of the international box office as well as just general inflation in prices. We have 3 movies that have grossed over $2 billion after TFA finishes its run. In 10 years, there will probably be at least 10 more films added to that club. It's sort of disheartening, I wish admissions was the way to do these rankings.

• Like 3

Moderation:

Jesus Christ, you guys, you just can't give it a rest, can you? Take the Titanic/Avatar comps to the Cameron vs the World thread, and take the OS/inflation discussion to the international forum.

Any further posts on these topics will be deleted. 

• Like 14

38 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

to throw a monkey in the wrench

with so many repeat viewing. I wonder is SW7 sold tickets to less "people" than avatar

if a movie wins because because 20% go to see it 3-10 times is not the same as more people going to the theater

there is no way avatar had this much repeat viewership:D

No way, few things are as obsessive as a 13 year old girl.

After we saw the trailer for Dirty Grandpa, my Mom turned to me and said "Guess Robert De Niro must be broke." Guess she forgot that De Niro hasn't had artistic integrity since like 1999.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, 75live said:

yeah sadly it's been spreading to too many threads.  I think we need a sane thread added somewhere :P 

Yeah I don't get how some people act.  It's like if you're invited to someone's house, you don't turn and turn and shit in the punch bowl

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAR said:

Yeah I don't get how some people act.  It's like if you're invited to someone's house, you don't turn and turn and shit in the punch bowl

totally agree, but I guess we are just old fashioned that way :P