efialtes76

Weekend revised estimates and 4 days totals pg 43 4 day est: RA2: 41.6: The Rev: 39.0... SW7: 32.5

2 minutes ago, jandrew said:

SO pissed. Fuck people that bring their 1 year olds to PG13 movies. Me and the gf were having a great day and wanted to see Ride Along to cap off the evening, but a couple with four? or so children including a BABY sat behind us. That baby babbled, whined, and moaned from the start of the previews (and there was like 7) to about 20 minutes into RA.

I didnt want to move closer to the screen because 1. its closer to the screen, and 2. the theater room is small with really no acoustics so it wouldnt have made a difference. We just decided to leave and since I threw away the stubs, the manager gave us rainchecks.

He said they cant do anything until someone complains, but when someone does then they can go in, so I hope he did. I'm no snitch, but fuck you. That is EXTEMELY ignorant and selfish for people to ruin a movie experience for the rest of the audience. When you have to tell your child "shush" 15 times, ITS NOT GOING TO WORK. This is why people watch movies at home instead. We're gonna just watch Rogue Nation on Redbox.

I'm very upset. A small child doesnt need to be taken to a movie like Ride Along in the first place, but if you cant find a babysitter for your children, DONT-GO. If this was Alvin or Norm, I have no right to complain, but it's not. Just wish thesters would pass restrictions. Parental guidance my ass, a baby doesnt need to be in a PG13 movie period. 

Sorry for the rant.

This happened to me when I saw the portuguese comedy O Leão da Estrela early in December. There was a 3-4 year old kid that was constantly moaning and crying because he wanted to leave for the final 20 minutes of the movie. 

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Exactly, which didn't do so hot. 

For a movie that was sold as "see Kevin Hart doing funny things" it did just fine. Star power alone nowadays can only take you to 50-60M DOM totals. Not much more.

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

I'm sure The Wedding Ringer would have done at least 35-40m with anyone half way recognizable in it. Hart was good for maybe an extra 15-20m. Hardly big draw power, imo. 

The movie did 20/64

Put an unknown in there and you get what? 9/25 at most? Kevin Hart is what sold that movie. 

• Like 1

I feel Kevin Hart is a draw as long as he's partnered with another draw like Ferrell or Cube. Look at the gross of movies like About Last Night and The Wedding Ringer compared to the grosses of Get Hard and Ride Along. The same will happen with Central Intelligence and Dwayne Johnson. 

• Like 4

Just now, CJohn said:

The movie did 20/64

Put an unknown in there and you get what? 9/25 at most? Kevin Hart is what sold that movie. 

Yeah, maybe with only Josh Gad there. Put one of several dozen actors in Hart's place that have at least name recognition and I'm sure the result wouldn't have been much different. Real draw power is someone like Denzel or McCarthy taking garbage like Safe House and Identity Thief soaring past 100m.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yeah, maybe with only Josh Gad there. Put one of several dozen actors in Hart's place that have at least name recognition and I'm sure the result wouldn't have been much different. Real draw power is someone like Denzel or McCarthy taking garbage like Safe House and Identity Thief soaring past 100m.

Melissa McCarthy's real draw power is seen in Tammy. Denzel's real draw power is seen in The Equalizer. 

In Safe House and Identity Thief they are both paired with Reynolds and Bateman, respectively. Also, both of those movies are good.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jandrew said:

SO pissed. Fuck people that bring their 1 year olds to PG13 movies. Me and the gf were having a great day and wanted to see Ride Along to cap off the evening, but a couple with four? or so children including a BABY sat behind us. That baby babbled, whined, and moaned from the start of the previews (and there was like 7) to about 20 minutes into RA.

I didnt want to move closer to the screen because 1. its closer to the screen, and 2. the theater room is small with really no acoustics so it wouldnt have made a difference. We just decided to leave and since I threw away the stubs, the manager gave us rainchecks.

He said they cant do anything until someone complains, but when someone does then they can go in, so I hope he did. I'm no snitch, but fuck you. That is EXTEMELY ignorant and selfish for people to ruin a movie experience for the rest of the audience. When you have to tell your child "shush" 15 times, ITS NOT GOING TO WORK. This is why people watch movies at home instead. We're gonna just watch Rogue Nation on Redbox.

I'm very upset. A small child doesnt need to be taken to a movie like Ride Along in the first place, but if you cant find a babysitter for your children, DONT GO. If this was Alvin or Norm, I have no right to complain, but it's not. Just wish theaters would pass restrictions. Parental guidance my ass, a baby doesn't need to be in a PG13 movie period. 

Sorry for the rant.

That's really unfortunate that that happened but honestly Jandrew, and maybe it's different policies at different theatres, but theatre staff are actually SUPPOSED to check theatres every 20 minutes for problems like this, and they have the right to talk to a customer if they are being disruptive.

One thing my boss says about theatres he used to work at that he doesn't like is that the only reason more theatres don't do this is because they don't want to have to deal with customers like that. It's really unfortunate.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, jandrew said:

SO pissed. Fuck people that bring their 1 year olds to PG13 movies.

I have two friends with a baby girl, she is one and a half and they really wanted to see Star Wars on its opening day. They don't have any friends in the city, no one to take care of her, so they decided to bring her with them (wearing her Leia Costume :D). 

It was her first time in a movie theater but she was a good girl, saw the movie for 15 minutes and then fell sleep. 

My friend told me that if she'd started to cry, she'd have left. That's what rational people does!

, .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Or 200m in the case of revenant 

No, The Revenant is not doing 200M because of DiCaprio :) It is doing what it is doing because of a monumental and appealing marketing campaign by FOX (the most important factor), super Oscar hype (the 2nd most important factor), DiCaprio and Hardy (it is always important to surround your lead with a strong supporting cast). 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Melissa McCarthy's real draw power is seen in Tammy. Denzel's real draw power is seen in The Equalizer. 

In Safe House and Identity Thief they are both paired with Reynolds and Bateman, respectively. Also, both of those movies are good.

I agree with McCarthy.  The fact that she got audiences to the absolute POS Tammy was after the also POS Identity Thief really proves she gets her demo in the seats.  I LIKED Spy, did not LOVE Spy (and was confused with its universal acclaim) but if she could get in something with a screenplay similar to the greatness of Bridesmaid I think McCarthy could put a comedy over 200.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

What about J. Edgar?

The true DiCaprio draw power. A movie where literally nothing else looked appealing besides the lead actor. Similar cases include Wedding Ringer, Joy and Tammy. And we can talk a lot about Denzel's mightiness, but 2 Guns barely did 75M and that also had Walhberg (another proven draw in the right movie). Draw power nowadays is very hard to evaluate and tbh almost existence. You need to pair the right actor with the right premise/story. 

4 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

I agree with McCarthy.  The fact that she got audiences to the absolute POS Tammy was after the also POS Identity Thief really proves she gets her demo in the seats.  I LIKED Spy, did not LOVE Spy (and was confused with its universal acclaim) but if she could get in something with a screenplay similar to the greatness of Bridesmaid I think McCarthy could put a comedy over 200.

Tammy hurt McCarthy's brand a lot and we saw that in Spy's results.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, jandrew said:

I'm very upset. A small child doesnt need to be taken to a movie like Ride Along in the first place, but if you cant find a babysitter for your children, DONT GO. If this was Alvin or Norm, I have no right to complain, but it's not. Just wish theaters would pass restrictions. Parental guidance my ass, a baby doesn't need to be in a PG13 movie period. 

Sorry for the rant.

Sorry to hear that. I don't know why some people bring babies into movies that are clearly inappropriate, and treat the cinema - a public venue - like it's their living room. If you can't sort it out with them then all you can do is notify a staff member so they can sort it out. And they will - it's always fun to be able to tell a customer off instead of having to bend over backwards for them :D 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, In the Heart of the Tree said:

Sorry to hear that. I don't know why some people bring babies into movies that are clearly inappropriate, and treat the cinema - a public venue - like it's their living room. If you can't sort it out with them then all you can do is notify a staff member so they can sort it out. And they will - it's always fun to be able to tell a customer off instead of having to bend over backwards for them :D 

It's really hard to turn around and tell people to be quiet nowadays. Everyones so sensitive. You cough on someone by accident, next thing you know it's all out war.

My gf kept turning around and giving "are you fucking kidding me?" stares at the lady, but she didn't care. I just let it go and went to management because I didn't want to get in any physical altercation, especially with how people are so short-fused nowadays. 

"Ma'am, will please take your child out? Like seriously I can't focus on the movie."

*throws popcorn on the ground* "WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING TO? LET'S TAKE THIS OUTSIDE, BITCH, SQUARE UP!"

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 1