efialtes76

Weekend revised estimates and 4 days totals pg 43 4 day est: RA2: 41.6: The Rev: 39.0... SW7: 32.5

1 hour ago, SWXII said:

I was thinking if BO goes towards 950 Disney might give it a push to get that 1B milestone. It is possible we won't see a movie at this level for a decade or three. Carpe diem.

It needs to be closer than $50m for it to be worth the cost of a push. Probably a lot closer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

How much does TFA have left in the OS tank anyway? I see that Furious 7 is still 150m ahead of it...

Fom BOM

overseas territories. It's international cume has now grown to $1.012 billion, resulting in over $1.8 billion worldwide. It currently sits only $4.1 million shy of Jurassic World's overseas gross and will soon top Furious 7's $1.16 billion for third place on the listWrong Again!

Won't make it. China has 25m more at best. 75m from everywhere else. $1.1B

14 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

The more time passes, the more mediocre and forgettable TFA becomes. I can't even get excited about its box office performance, and I'm a huge SW fan. 

:WHATanabe:

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but if you can't get excited about this kind of box office performance, what will it take?

May I ask what you're doing on these forums while we're at it? 'cuz I feel like I'm missing something here. What kind of box office run do you need?

• Like 7

Just now, Daxtreme said:

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but if you can't get excited about this kind of box office performance, what will it take?

May I ask what you're doing on these forums while we're at it? 'cuz I feel like I'm missing something here. What kind of box office run do you need?

He is saying he can't get excited for the box office perfomance purely because of the films quality.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

He is saying he can't get excited for the box office perfomance purely because of the films quality.

Thats unfortunate. I don't think Avatar is all that great but that takes nothing away from its box office run, which was phenomenal!

It was the type of run that I don't think we'll being seeing again for some time. Even Avatar 2 won't have the same type of fun as it will open much bigger than the first. 

• Like 3

Did you guys read Sony's desperate tentative to try to hide T5W's flop OS? They're comparing it to I Am Number Four's numbers, and comparing to Divergent in "today's ER" and even doing this, it still below Divergent in most of markets, I'm literally dying, what's the next? Compare it with The Host to say that it is doing well? LMFAO 

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Did you guys read Sony's desperate tentative to try to hide T5W's flop OS? They're comparing it to I Am Number Four's numbers, and comparing to Divergent in "today's ER" and even doing this, it still below Divergent in most of markets, I'm literally dying, what's the next? Compare it with The Host to say that it is doing well? LMFAO 

Where can I read that nonsense :lol: ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daxtreme said:

The movie sucks, so I can't get excited that it's smashing all the records. 

10 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

By the time BvS opens there may only be 3 or 4 movies in theaters that have grossed over $100m, pretty putrid even for a slow Winter slate. TFA, Daddy's Home, The Revenant & what else? 

RA2 maybe? Sisters very doubtful? What is being released between now & then that has a shot?