13 hours ago, Krissykins said:

The Other Side of the Doors release has been moved from next week to TOMORROW and it's being dumped by Fox in 500 cinemas. 

I was about to ask this: Does anyone even know this movie? I haven't heard anything about this one lol 

Anyway, TW was finally released here, I'm hypeeeeeeed

32 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I was about to ask this: Does anyone even know this movie? I haven't heard anything about this one lol 

Anyway, TW was finally released here, I'm hypeeeeeeed

I've seen tv spots for it, but they don't look good to me.  So not surprised they are dumping it

can't wait to see how badly you hate TW when you are done watching it :P 

Just now, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Do you think I'm not intelligent enough to enjoy this movie?

i didn't say or imply that :P   it's not exactly a thinking film anyway ;) 

On 04/03/2016 at 1:40 PM, 75live said:

i didn't say or imply that :P   it's not exactly a thinking film anyway ;) 

I'm just trolling you, why you're so fucking slow :P 

Unfortunately, I couldn't watch the masterpiece yet, but all my friends hated it, even saying that it was the worst horror movie that they ever watched, lol

6 hours ago, acab said:

Damn this looks good. Never heard it before but looks freaky and has a Hellraiser vibe.

IKR? We can feel how intense this movie will be only by the trailer! And it was acclaimed at Sundance festival, which is a surprise to me, since, it seems that it is super violent, while the last two acclaimed horror movies (IF & TW), has basically zero violence

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael
  • Like 1

I finally watched The Witch yesterday, let me talk about it: Do you know all the hype behind the movie? Well, none of them can really show the potential of this film.

It's ironic how the movie talk so much about God and it's nothing religious, the movie seems to be always making fun of the faith of these persons, really macabre. It showed how much the human is weak, corrupt and can be easily influenced.

Do you know why it 'attacks' the faith of some people? Because it shows that even with a lot of faith, even being truly religious, devoted to God, you still a human, and evil will always test you.

Can you imagine a witch? The fear? Now think of it without a hat, without broom, without a black cat, what's left? Do not watch this movie expecting something generic, basic, it runs away from everything that you expect, it's nothing cliché, there are no monsters eating humans. Ghosts, demons, possessions, zombies, vampires, which brings fear here is your own mind. 

That dark forest will make you feel violated, as if someone is watching you, seeing your steps, this forest alone is scarier than any monster.

Do not wait for generic scares, It's almost a redefinition of terror, where only the contact with nature, animals and your own family can be enough to let make you have goosebumps.

Do not expect anything less than a new classic here, watch and try not to get so involved in the story, because it's really sad to that the devil may be more attractive than the faith in God.

A+

Last week it came out the Amityville: The Awakening had been cut down to a PG13 rating. This week it appears that the movie has been pulled from its April 1st release date.

Also, is The Disappointments Room still due out March 25th? It doesn't have a poster or a trailer. Unless the plan is to take on Batman V Superman without any marketing at all.

Edited by Boxofficerules

Wasn't mad about The Boy, it's ok but feels like a poor mans rehash of another movie that was a horror festival favourite 2 years ago. If youve seen that movie, you'll figure out exactly what's going to happen in The Boy very early on. Same twists, same climax, same everything.

15 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Wasn't mad about The Boy, it's ok but feels like a poor mans rehash of another movie that was a horror festival favourite 2 years ago. If youve seen that movie, you'll figure out exactly what's going to happen in The Boy very early on. Same twists, same climax, same everything.

But that's the consensus about The Boy, I guess, it is not original by any way, but it is so well executed that put it in a higher level than the others disasters of the genre