On 11.04.2016 at 1:43 AM, Mockingjay Raphael said:

TC2 is making weak numbers at Twitter so far, way lower than the ones of the first movie, I'm starting to wonder if this will be so big as we thought

I doubt it. Everything went right for the first one, and I don't see it happening again. Wouldn't shock me if it doesn't crack 100m.

3 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Yeah... Really liked The Witch too. I actually liked all of the recent indie horror darlings... Babadook, It Follows, Witch. Good stuff and glad all of 'em garnered some recognition. Awesome that The Witch went over $25M+ as well.

I'd go It Follows >> The Witch = The Invitation >> The Babadook. A common problem with all of them is that they just aren't particularly scary. Thankfully they have plenty of other things going for them, like mood, style, atmosphere and being thematically rich, which can't be said for most mainstream horror flicks.

16 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

I'd go It Follows >> The Witch = The Invitation >> The Babadook. A common problem with all of them is that they just aren't particularly scary. Thankfully they have plenty of other things going for them, like mood, style, atmosphere and being thematically rich, which can't be said for most mainstream horror flicks.

No. I'd agree that none are particularly scary in the traditional sense. And, I'd go...

The Babadook > The Witch >>>> It Follows

I'm gonna have to check out The Invitation ASAP.

• Like 1

On 21/04/2016 at 10:29 AM, Jake Gittes said:

I doubt it. Everything went right for the first one, and I don't see it happening again. Wouldn't shock me if it doesn't crack 100m.

True, but I had hope that the amazing reception of the first movie, would bring the curiosity factor at least in the OW, and would make it break the OW record, but, it seems that they waited  too long to release this sequel (and I also think that Annabelle destroyed some of the good reception of the first movie)

On 21/04/2016 at 2:13 PM, JohnnyGossamer said:

No. I'd agree that none are particularly scary in the traditional sense. And, I'd go...

The Babadook > The Witch >>>> It Follows

I'm gonna have to check out The Invitation ASAP.

I wonder if It Follows is one of the most overrated horror movies in recent memory, I have doubts if it will be able to become a future classic like TW, Babadook or TC1

9 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Stop wasting your time with the same predictable Marvel shit, and go watch it, then :sadben:

One was free and a date, so obviously I would see that one. :P  10CL  I can wait to see

9 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I don't know anyone who actually likes Babadook except the people on here.  What a horrible piece of shit that was.

I haven't seen that one either. Too many mixed opinions from people I trust so I never went out of my way to see it yet. I obviously will at some point though

• Like 1