Daxtreme

Title for Episode VIII - Speculate within here! (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Alright boys and gals, the time has come to speculate on the TITLE for Star Wars: Episode VIII

(Spoilers for Episode VII below, you have been warned!)

As a reminder, here are the titles of the previous 7 entries (is there even 1 person here who needs reminding?)

Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Episode II - Attack of the Clones

Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

Episode IV - A New Hope

Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back

Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

Episode VII - The Force Awakens

Episode VIII - ??!!

All we know is that it's a sequel to Ep 7 and features mostly the same characters, along with a few addition.

What would be a worthy title?

I'll start!

I think the title could be

Star Wars: Episode VIII - Shadow of the Empire

Why? Because they're all still living under the shadow of the Empire's former domination. Kylo Ren still wants to pursue his goal of honoring his Grand Father, the First Order is still behaving mostly like the Empire it was before, or tries to, and the good guys still feel like they're fighting more of the same. The former Empire is still relevant 30 years later, and its legacy lives on as a remnant of its shadow lingers upon the galaxy and the New Republic.

What do you think would be a worthy title?

Disney will announce the title within the next months so... don't miss the opportunity to speculate!

• Like 6

Well, The Phantom Menace, A New Hope, and The Force Awakens all share a common theme: a hidden power emerging in the form of the main character, whether that be Anakin (evil), Luke (good), or Rey/Finn (good right now, but there are still two movies left). It's a clear naming pattern of a new presence making itself known.

The second films in each trilogy are Attack of the Clones and The Empire Strikes Back. Both of these titles suggest the evil faction's rise (yes, the clones ultimately count as an evil faction, as the Republic is the aggressor in the Clone Wars). I think Episode VIII will follow that naming pattern as well.

My prediction is Star Wars Episode VIII: Fall of the Resistance.

• Like 5

The New Dominion

The Shadow Dominion

The First Dominion

The Dark Dominion

Yes, I like the word 'dominion.' ;) And dominion in this case pertaining to the First Order gaining control of a certain part of the galaxy. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

On 1/24/2016 at 4:28 AM, Darth Dexter of Hoth said:

Star Wars Episode VIII: The Knights of Ren.

I actually think there is a good chance it could be just that.

Shadow of the Empire would totally work to, but because it's been used before it just seems a tad lazy to me.

or Star Wars: Ep VIII: A Rey of Hope Jk JK :P

more realistically I feel like it's title might be something dark and ominous it would fit with the second title of Empire Strikes back. or what if they decided to name this trilogy something with "Force" in every title? 

Star Wars Episode VIII: The Rise of the Darkside

Star Wars Episode VIII: The Balance of the Force 

Star Wars Episode VIII: The Darkness within

Star Wars Episode VIII: A Duel of the Fates

Star Wars Episode VIII: Whirlwind of Shadow 

• Like 2

Return Of The Jedi...'s Ability To Speak

But in all seriousness: STAR WARS EPISODE VIII: THE FORCE RISES

Assuming that this is gonna be Rey's training by Luke (alas Yoda in ESB), why not? The force awoke within Rey in the first one, now it rises in the second one. And why not make the Disney trilogy the 'Force' trilogy? Would distinguish it from all the others from a stylistic standpoint in my point of view. Plus, given how the word 'Rise' is used A LOT nowadays, I figure SW could join the cliché as well.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2