Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers: 1) Revenant 16.0 | 2) Star Wars 14.25 | 3) Ride Along 2 12.96 pg 49

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

Well, it's a film that takes place on the water, which always inflates a budget and it's a film with a lot of effects.  

And I don't understand why people think it's not going to do well.  It looks quite good to me.

It needs to make about 170m worldwide to make break even. I just don't see it being really all that successful honestly, unless it someone ends up blowing up overseas.

Personally, I think it looks fine, but it's not tracking for amazing numbers apparently, so there's that.

Edit: Movieman already explained it better to you.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

41 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Wow, well I guess you and I have different opinions on which films look appealing.  I think it looks incredibly appealing and there is much more of a human element to it than ITHOTS.  

To me it doesn't look bad, just bland and very derivative (even the shots of the waves look like they could've been cribbed from The Perfect Storm or something). Also there's the question of who is it supposed to be aimed at: too heartstring-tugging and Inspirational Disney Movie-looking for adults, too gripping and PG-13 for families. It's doomed.

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Apparently "The Boy" is now frontrunner for "Most stupid and unnecessary twist ever" dislodging "Safe Haven" from that spot based on what reviewers are saying. Kind of makes me curious to watch the movie to be honest.

I was super drunk when I saw Safe Haven but I thought it was hilarious. Sparks + turrible actors + that twist is a perfect formula

9 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Apparently "The Boy" is now frontrunner for "Most stupid and unnecessary twist ever" dislodging "Safe Haven" from that spot based on what reviewers are saying. Kind of makes me curious to watch the movie to be honest.

I gotta investigate this.

7 minutes ago, Chewy said:

That Sparks movie with Michelle Monaghan and Cyclops had a HILARIOUS twist too. Although that one was more torture than funny

Some movies don't need a twist, Rom-coms are probably high on that list.

January horror movies will never trump the sheer ballsiness of The Devil Inside though. Ending a movie in the middle of a scene and asking audiences to go to a website which doesn't even exist now and never had any actual answers. What were they thinking? The marketing campaign was great but the ending made it one of the most front loaded movies ever.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I ended up watching The Longest Ride on HBO a few weeks ago. No ridiculous twist that time but lord Nicholas Sparks knows how to not pull any punches and leave no cliché unturned. Also, Clint's hottie son isn't much of an actor.

I like Britt Robertson a lot, it's too bad both of her 'breakout' roles this year were in terrible movies that tanked

EDIT: last year, last year

Edited by Chewy
  • Like 1