Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers: 1) Revenant 16.0 | 2) Star Wars 14.25 | 3) Ride Along 2 12.96 pg 49

1 minute ago, Total Treecall said:

but you don't mind the mindless slaughter of millions of people by a multinational conglomorate using head chip implants?

But the film doesn't try to justify that as the proper thing to do

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Miss as I.may have that's on the people who made the film not me.

It is on you because everyone else understood except you. Just because you didn't get the point and instead really believe the movie makes justifiable to kill dogs doesn't make it the truth. It isn't. Numbers explains it very well. Either way you are not 17, so you shouldn't be seeing Kingsman anyway :P 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

This is what John Green books do to kids, folks.

It justifies irrationality. Let it be known.

Our Ethan is young. He will learn someday :P 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Pink and CJohn are part of the Nolansmen. Their initiation is to get married, and after a year of bliss, kill the wife.

It is true. All of it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

Pink and CJohn are part of the Nolansmen. Their initiation is to get married, and after a year of bliss, kill the wife.

I won't 'kill' the wife. Just gotta play a little Inception so she does the job herself. :redcapes:

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It is on you because everyone else understood except you. Just because you didn't get the point and instead really believe the movie makes justifiable to kill dogs doesn't make it the truth. It isn't. Numbers explains it very well. Either way you are not 17, so you shouldn't be seeing Kingsman anyway :P 

The film failed to make the point it wanted to. Film is subjective and I get to decide whether or not it succeeded or not and it failed miserably :)

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The film failed to make the point it wanted to. Film is subjective and I get to decide whether or not it succeeded or not and it failed miserably :)

That's where you're wrong.

Nolan gets to decide. And his word is gospel.

Michael Bay movies are therefore, my shit. :ohmygod:

Edited by MrPink

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

:kitschjob: I am gonna call your parents and tell them you clearly aren't ready to see rated R movies. :P 

• Like 1

They actually don't want him to kill the dog.  The point of the exercise was to shoot the dog, not kill it.  Firth explains that to him later in the movie.