WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 28): Kung Fu Panda 3 - 41M, The Finest Hours 0- 10.3M, The Revenant - 12.4M...Sunday holds better than expected.....SW over 11 mill and KFP3 over 41 pg 34

Minions did surprise most.  @department store basement, you're talking about people being surprised it didn't make 350 after it's huge opening weekend.  But before it opened, most, if not all of the members here, thought it would do less than DM2 and many thinking around 300 or a bit less.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

As time goes by, people will realize how Star Wars and even Jurassic World were freaks of nature.

Absolutely agree.  The box office for the both of them is really incredible.  And it really does show the power of the brand.  Both were coming off previous films that apparently weren't all that liked, and yet they set box office records.  That is truly incredible.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

As time goes by, people will realize how Star Wars and even Jurassic World were freaks of nature.

They already do I think :)

Some bo runs, not comparable to SW or JW, but still great in their own way don't get talked about probably due to lack of social media back then. I remember being very impressed by The Aviator's legs when it released and took another look at it.

ow : 8.6m (1,796 theaters) / 0.858 in limited release before that (40 theaters)

max theater count : 2,530

dom : 102.6m

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=aviator.htm

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Baumer said:

It'll pass 900 by Friday.  It's going to be at 894 by the end of this weekend.  920-930 is a good bet.

920M is locked, it just passed JW dailies and weekends are alot bigger. So 930 is the floor i think, afther that it's just guessing :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

They already do I think :)

Some bo runs, not comparable to SW or JW, but still great in their own way don't get talked about probably due to lack of social media back then. I remember being very impressed by The Aviator's legs when it released and took another look at it.

ow : 8.6m (1,796 theaters) / 0.858 in limited release before that (40 theaters)

max theater count : 2,530

dom : 102.6m

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=aviator.htm

Am I reading correctly?

That's a fantastic multi!!

The power of the LEO!!!

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I actually love this trailer honestly

I watched the first one and it seemed twilight tier, a teenage girls wet dream. The production and scenery was lacking also, then those cheesy scenes where they were running about made me cringe tbh fam.

Edited by IronJimbo

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I watched the first one and it seemed twilight tier, a teenage girls wet dream. The production and scenery was lacking also, then those cheesy scenes where they were running about made me cringe tbh fam.

The first one was alright. Second was definitely a step up

3 hours ago, The Futurist said:

They are both part of the two most beloved franchises of all-time. The power of nostalgia.