kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals | 41.28 M KUNG FU PANDA III | 12.78 M THE REVENANT | 11.12 M STAR WARS: TFA | 10.29 M THE FINEST HOURS | 8.43 M RIDE ALONG II

5 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Is it bad for a film to cater to kids?

Only if it sidelines the older audiences who have to sit through it. Using "but it's a kids film!" as an excuse is weak and lets the director/writer get away with a subpar effort.

• Like 2

Minions made a billion dollars and didn't really cater to adults at all.  Sometimes it's just fine to have a silly funny film that is completely aimed at kids.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Minions made a billion dollars and didn't really cater to adults at all.  Sometimes it's just fine to have a silly funny film that is completely aimed at kids.

My 5 years old daughter didn't love Minions while she loved Peanuts, TGD or IO.

I know it is only one case, but children are not always pleased with everything.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stripe said:

My 5 years old daughter didn't love Minions while she loved Peanuts, TGD or IO.

I know it is only one case, but children are not always pleased with everything.

Kids are no different than the rest of us, they all aren't going to like the same things.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I dunno. I get the feeling plenty of adults secretly and openly love the Minion characters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

I dunno. I get the feeling plenty of adults secretly and openly love the Minion characters.

I agree....but that's different than having something aimed at them.  And you are making my point for me.  Having "sophisticated" adult humour doesn't always work.  We're all just big kids when it comes down to it.  It's why stupid shit like watching someone fall down or get hit in the head with a rubber hammer or any kinds of silly things, makes us laugh.  We might have gotten older, but we're still pretty kid like in a lot of ways.

• Like 3