kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals | 41.28 M KUNG FU PANDA III | 12.78 M THE REVENANT | 11.12 M STAR WARS: TFA | 10.29 M THE FINEST HOURS | 8.43 M RIDE ALONG II

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I hope whenever The Force Awakens hits DVD (which I'm guessing will be sometime in April) we will still have endless user arguments and comparisons over its gross long after actual box office gurus have stopped caring.

Tbh I am pretty sure nobody cares anymore besides a few people here. I know I don't. It will be cool to see it hit 900M and after that I will completely forget the thing is still in theaters.

24 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I hope whenever The Force Awakens hits DVD (which I'm guessing will be sometime in April) we will still have endless user arguments and comparisons over its gross long after actual box office gurus have stopped caring.

Just to let you know, I believe Amazon confirmed yesterday that it will hit DVD on April 5th.

18 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Tbh I am pretty sure nobody cares anymore besides a few people here. I know I don't. It will be cool to see it hit 900M and after that I will completely forget the thing is still in theaters.

I don't know..at 950 its in the top ten box office mojo adjusted list so I think that is a mark worth tracking.

Edited by katsdada
  • Like 1

CJohn, you haven't cared about much with relationship to TFA, so I'm not surprised. I don't care about anything else BUT TFA right now at the box office. I'll be interested and curious to track Deadpool, Batman v Superman, and the summer blockbusters, but I don't see unless you're a very die hard box office follower (I'm not that die hard) why you would care if, say, The Boy makes $28M or $38M. I mean really, who gives a shit. 

Star Wars is a different thing entirely, though. Why wouldn't it continue to be the most interesting thing to track? It's #1 all time, so yes, every million counts, and every million puts it that much further away from the next would-be challenger. Seems a good enough reason to me for caring. 

I admit I don't think there's much excitement left besides hitting $900M, though. Then it's all just pretty much gravy.

• Like 1

Just now, JonathanLB said:

CJohn, you haven't cared about much with relationship to TFA, so I'm not surprised. I don't care about anything else BUT TFA right now at the box office. I'll be interested and curious to track Deadpool, Batman v Superman, and the summer blockbusters, but I don't see unless you're a very die hard box office follower (I'm not that die hard) why you would care if, say, The Boy makes $28M or $38M. I mean really, who gives a shit. 

Star Wars is a different thing entirely, though. Why wouldn't it continue to be the most interesting thing to track? It's #1 all time, so yes, every million counts, and every million puts it that much further away from the next would-be challenger. Seems a good enough reason to me for caring. 

I admit I don't think there's much excitement left besides hitting $900M, though. Then it's all just pretty much gravy.

Really? Hmmmm. Ok.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, as impressed as we are with the film's performance, we're not gonna spend every waking minute of our lives obsessing over every last dollar it makes. Bye.

I am far more excited to see how badly this weekend's new releases will bomb :ph34r::P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I am far more excited for watching the Super Bowl just for the commercials and not really for the game. Lol

Oh yeah, for sure, I watch the Super Bowl every year just for the spots :lol: 

2 minutes ago, James said:

I watched more movies in the last couple of days than I did in the last few months of 2015 thanks to that best movies list.:lol: Just finished Kingsman. Whoever said it was the best spy movie of 2015 was right. Insane fun!

tumblr_inline_nk5y1yewm21s62py7.gif

• Like 2