kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals | 41.28 M KUNG FU PANDA III | 12.78 M THE REVENANT | 11.12 M STAR WARS: TFA | 10.29 M THE FINEST HOURS | 8.43 M RIDE ALONG II

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

The only way Bourne doesn't "win" the Superbowl trailers is if Disney puts out a Rogue One teaser with the game. That will overshadow literally everything else.

Too soon for anything Rogue One related, that is locked to not happen.

21 minutes ago, James said:

I watched more movies in the last couple of days than I did in the last few months of 2015 thanks to that best movies list.:lol: Just finished Kingsman. Whoever said it was the best spy movie of 2015 was right. Insane fun!

Have you watched Victoria?

A very unique film!

1 hour ago, Daxtreme said:

Have you watched Victoria?

A very unique film!

Not yet. I may add it to my list together with Love the Coopers, Spy, Bridge of Spies, Beasts of no Nation, Transporter, Hitman: Agent 47, Pixels, Z for Zacariah, We are your friends and a few others. Gonna be busy in the next 3 days:lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

CJohn, you haven't cared about much with relationship to TFA, so I'm not surprised. I don't care about anything else BUT TFA right now at the box office. I'll be interested and curious to track Deadpool, Batman v Superman, and the summer blockbusters, but I don't see unless you're a very die hard box office follower (I'm not that die hard) why you would care if, say, The Boy makes $28M or $38M. I mean really, who gives a shit. 

Star Wars is a different thing entirely, though. Why wouldn't it continue to be the most interesting thing to track? It's #1 all time, so yes, every million counts, and every million puts it that much further away from the next would-be challenger. Seems a good enough reason to me for caring. 

I admit I don't think there's much excitement left besides hitting $900M, though. Then it's all just pretty much gravy.

Jonathan, these are the type of posts that gets neg reps haha. We are all BO junkies, forever waiting for that next hit. 

There is no emotion; there is peace.

• Like 1

I love watching the box office, but I admit I find no excitement at all in 1) Movies I don't care about and 2) Movies that don't make any money. If you are excited to watch the box office run of The Forest and The Boy and Dirty Grandpa, awesome, that's totally cool. I'm just saying I don't find those things exciting at all. And I don't give two shits about a stupid kids movie like Kung Fu Panda 3, which looked completely terrible. I've not heard anyone say good things about it. I love my Pixar films like Inside Out, it was one of the most adult, thought-provoking movies of last year, and a true treat. But Kung Fu Panda is just pandering to kids, which is fine, but I have no interest in seeing it or seeing it do well. As far as I care it can bomb or make $200M or whatever, doesn't really make any difference to me.

I am very excited to see how Deadpool does and how Batman v Superman do because they're big movies and I will also be seeing those movies. It's exciting to track the runs of various films or see how well they are received, but as with anything in life, I can't bring myself to care much about the pathetic examples of things. I'm interested in the big blockbusters of the year, not the, "Wow that's so cool The Boy crawled its way to $40M holy cow what a great run for that movie!" Uhh... ok. We just watched a movie make $57M in a few hours of previews, it's a bit tough to get excited about something as completely pathetic as a movie taking a month to make not even close to that amount of money. Wake me up when the studios are done dumping their crap in the winter. So far, it has seriously been "bombs away!" every weekend.

• Like 1

That Sunday number for TFA makes it possible to have another full week with daily grosses over 1M

Really curious to see the Monday #. It needs to drop no more than 71%

45 consecutive days over 1M without Summer is already great, but it's amazing when you realize that Titanic had 101 days over 1M in 1997/1998.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, stripe said:

That Sunday number for TFA makes it possible to have another full week with daily grosses over 1M

45 consecutive days over 1M without Summer is already great, but it's amazing when you realize that Titanic had 101 days over 1M in 1997/1998.

The drop is likely to be around 75% going by the previous years. Above $1 mil. is tough for Monday and I would love it if it were to happen. More like like 0.9 Mil.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

CJohn, you haven't cared about much with relationship to TFA, so I'm not surprised. I don't care about anything else BUT TFA right now at the box office. I'll be interested and curious to track Deadpool, Batman v Superman, and the summer blockbusters, but I don't see unless you're a very die hard box office follower (I'm not that die hard) why you would care if, say, The Boy makes $28M or $38M. I mean really, who gives a shit. 

Star Wars is a different thing entirely, though. Why wouldn't it continue to be the most interesting thing to track? It's #1 all time, so yes, every million counts, and every million puts it that much further away from the next would-be challenger. Seems a good enough reason to me for caring. 

I admit I don't think there's much excitement left besides hitting $900M, though. Then it's all just pretty much gravy.

I´m agree with you, but i´ll add for me is exciting to see drops are smaller than expected and to see how increases marks, like 910, 920.... i prefer much more to track this than the new releases that will hit .. 60, 100, 150? 

This is a run that only happens each long time and i want to enloy till last minute. And for sure, top 10 adjusted is more than an atractive goal!!

9 hours ago, boxofficefreak said:

Jonathan, these are the type of posts that gets neg reps haha. We are all BO junkies, forever waiting for that next hit. 

There is no emotion; there is peace.

We are all BO junkies

great definition of us, haha!!! i´m agree!

3 hours ago, stripe said:

101 days over 1 million won´t happen again....unless inflation will allow it....

101....amazing...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, setna said:

101 days over 1 million won´t happen again....unless inflation will allow it....

101....amazing...

Avatar's juggernaut run is the closest to the mark. 80 days over 1M. But after 12 years of inflation. :wacko:

Titanic's legs were so huge we may never see something like that ever.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, stripe said:

Avatar's juggernaut run is the closest to the mark. 80 days over 1M. But after 12 years of inflation. :wacko:

Titanic's legs were so huge we may never see something like that ever.

I think the most impressive data of all of Titanic domestic run is its highest grossing day was.....the 58th!!!!!!!

for sure this won´t happen again.

• Like 1