grim22

Fast X | May 19 2023 | Part 1 of an epic finale trilogy | Critics say Jason Momoa does a good job

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

"The sooner I deliver the finale, the sooner I can launch all the spinoffs," and then he extends the finale a whole movie lol

Last time I looked, Diesal does not own and run the franchise.

Omg this movie is terrible. Vin looks like a robot acting, everything was SO cringe it wasn’t even funny. I can’t imagine the next two films bc this is so bad, what’s next? The only hope is Momoa but just one person can’t save this mess 

• Knock It Off 3

6 hours ago, dudalb said:

Last time I looked, Diesal does not own and run the franchise.

You haven't looked hard enough. The fact that Universal sided with Diesel over first Johnson then Lin speaks volumes about how much power Diesel has. Why Universal is treating Diesel like he is Johnny Depp is a good question cause I am not convinced the franchise will crash without Diesel in it.

6 hours ago, scytheavatar said:

You haven't looked hard enough. The fact that Universal sided with Diesel over first Johnson then Lin speaks volumes about how much power Diesel has. Why Universal is treating Diesel like he is Johnny Depp is a good question cause I am not convinced the franchise will crash without Diesel in it.

Only 3 people make money from these movies anymore - Vin Diesel, Neil Moritz, and the estate of Paul Walker. Universal makes little to no money from the movies directly due to the high production budgets and the gross points paid to those 3 entities. Their entire money is made from post-theatrical and the bump older movies get when a new one comes out.

Neil Moritz sued for Hobbs and Shaw because Universal tried to cut him out by saying it wasn't a Fast and Furious movie. 

6 hours ago, grim22 said:

Only 3 people make money from these movies anymore - Vin Diesel, Neil Moritz, and the estate of Paul Walker. Universal makes little to no money from the movies directly due to the high production budgets and the gross points paid to those 3 entities. Their entire money is made from post-theatrical and the bump older movies get when a new one comes out.

Neil Moritz sued for Hobbs and Shaw because Universal tried to cut him out by saying it wasn't a Fast and Furious movie. 

Anothe reason why Universal is going to really keep the budget down for any future F and F movies.

The ultimate example of a studio giving too much to keep a star is Mission Impossible 3: They Gave Cruise such generous terms to get him to sign on that Paramount ended up making only a small profit from the film, while Cruise made a fortune.

Just saw it. I finished my F&F rewatch recently and with my expectations set accordingly and from what I had heard of the movie, it pleasantly surprised me.

I laughed way too much the dialogue and Mamoa himself. Didn't feel like a complete parody of itself like F9 was but still had the absurdity of the franchise that made it fun.

Edited by Austin
  • Like 1

On 5/23/2023 at 10:19 AM, THUNDER BIRD said:

Yeah India love these movies, Fast X not only opened big, but also sustained well on Monday. All set to be a HIT movie. 

fast 11 with a major bollywood actor would do gangbusters 

25 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

They're really milking this franchise now. I don't blame Universal, as it's one of their last major franchises since Jurassic is on indefinite hiatus. 

Just like DC is milking Batman franchise & Marvel/Sony is milking Spider-Man franchise.

Edited by Willowra
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

The next Fast & Furious film you’ll see the legendary lawman in will be the HOBBS movie that will serve as a fresh, new chapter & set up for FASTX: Part II

Looks like it'll be a bit of a wait for Part 2?

You just tell they don’t want to end this franchise. They’re prolonging it as much as possible. 

lmao Momoa was the only entertaining part about this, even if he was obviously trying way too hard in channeling Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight. Vin was totally sleepwalking for a paycheck here, maybe he should watch his own work.