grim22

Fast X | May 19 2023 | Part 1 of an epic finale trilogy | Critics say Jason Momoa does a good job

Just now, Ken said:

I remember reading the concern back in October 2021 over whether Legendary could justify greenlighting Dune's second part. Was the international gross and high critical acclaim enough to pass? 

That + accounting for the extenuating circumstances and positive factors (strong WOM, doing well considering its release). Gives the studio a good sign that the next one without those negative circumstances will make more money for them.

Just caught up with the franchise.

Fast 8 - Okay, has some decent moments

Hobbs/Shaw - Quite entertaining

Fast 9 - Horrible, one of the worst movies I have seen in a long time. 

Looking like early WOM is on par with Fast 8.

Going to be interesting to see if this has a strong opening day then collapses after. 

India

BMS - 9.3+/10.0

Paytm - 94% (GOTG3 92%)

BMS score aren't out. But, lot of reviews I meant lots are at 10/10 and very less 8/10 with over 730 sample.

Morning Occupancy ended with closer to 20%. A solid chance of out-grossing F9 in OD itself or with Early FRI shows

1 minute ago, Issac Newton said:

India

BMS - 9.3+/10.0

Paytm - 94% (GOTG3 92%)

BMS score aren't out. But, lot of reviews I meant lots are at 10/10 and very less 8/10 with over 730 sample.

Morning Occupancy ended with closer to 20%. A solid chance of out-grossing F9 in OD itself or with Early FRI shows

Breaking BMS Metrics

309 Blockbuster 

295 Super-Directions

285 Rocking

250 Great Acting

224 Well Made

216 Unbelievable

215 Awesome Story 

198 WowMusic

155 Inspiring

1 review may be combination of two-three metrics and so on 

• Like 1

#mamoahive

He looked like he was having a blast in the trailers... Glad to hear that he delivers. There have been some fun enough villains in this series but never a true standout villain. Statham was great in 7 though, especially that opening intro to him. Mamoa seems like he wanted to be the Joker of Fast series.

Seeing this tonight.

I can see this turning into another Super Mario movie where critics end up barely rotten 50-59% while audience score is in the high 90s.

Critics can be really out of touch these days for the "fun" movies.

Just came back from watching this. A MASSIVE improvement on F8 and F9. Actual some fun and not just mindless stupid shit. Momoa does a great job and gives the movie and franchise some needed life. But man you can notice that this movie lost it´s director because some of the scenes are rough. Overall I liked it, on par with 5-7 movies. Cliffhanger ending worked better when I saw the movie but it was still a weird ending.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

The verified audience score is at a pretty bad 87% right now, so evidently America doesn't like this one either. B+ CinemaScore at most honestly. Overseas audiences will have to singlehandedly save this movie now, because the US is evidently tapped out.

it’s too early. I’d wait until morning before we can say anything concrete. There not enough feedback yet.

Audience scores.

Fast X --- IMDB: 6.3, LetterBoxd: 2.95, RT Verified: 87%

Fast 9 --- IMDB: 5.2, LetterBoxd: 2.50, RT Verified: 82%

Fast 8 --- IMDB: 6.6, LetterBoxd: 2.80, RT Verified: N/A

Seems like early scores are very similar to Fast 8.

Also there is a big difference between ending on a Cliffhanger and just ending like The Devil Inside or The Turning. This ending on a cliffhanger like Dead Man’s Chest, Infinity War and countless other 2 part movies. Across The Spider Verse and Dead Reckoning will be another example. 

Drooped down to 84% Verified overnight.

It keeps dropping as more people see the film. Possible B - B+ Cinemascore incoming. 

If it gets into the 70's this thing is DOA, but I doubt it happens.