kayumanggi

Weekend Estimates | 21.0 M KFP III | 11.44 M HAIL, CAESAR! | 7.10 M THE REVENANT | 6.89 M SW: TFA | 6.09 M THE CHOICE | 5.20 M PAPAZ | 4.7 M THE FINEST HOURS

15 minutes ago, Frozen said:

What was so bad about it? I've heard it's bad, just not why.

It's manipulative as hell. Tries to manipulate your emotions by throwing as many contrived romance subplots as possible. Every SINGLE romantic 'cliche' you can think of was in this movie. Like EVER!

3 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

It's manipulative as hell. Tries to manipulate your emotions by throwing as many contrived romance subplots as possible. Every SINGLE romantic 'cliche' you can think of was in this movie. Like EVER!

Remember: This film got a higher score than Hail Caesar.  Saw Hail Caesar yesterday and absolutely adored it.  Starts off slowly, ends slowly, but everything else in between is FANTASTIC.

• Community Manager
6 minutes ago, ThatOneGuy said:

Remember: This film got a higher score than Hail Caesar.  Saw Hail Caesar yesterday and absolutely adored it.  Starts off slowly, ends slowly, but everything else in between is FANTASTIC.

Hail, Ceaser got a Cinemascore worse score than Fifty Shades of Black.

• Like 2

• Community Manager
5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Let's not forget Wolf of Wall Street got a C cinemascore and did just fine.

With a multiplier of 2.0, if the current estimates hold, Hail, Ceaser! meets it's production budget.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FilmBuff said:

Just got out of The Choice...

FUCK YOU!! Can't believe my wife dragged me to that crap. At least, I get to drag her to Deadpool next weekend.

My gawdesk is in this and I can't even bring myself to see this trash. Namely, not only because it's Sparks, but because they cast her as the "other" chick.

Palmer is bae-worthy, don't get me wrong, but Daddario is the baest of baes for me. You can cast Palmer as a primary all you want, but you don't cast Daddario as a secondary.

I guess it makes it easier for me to *choose* to avoid this knowing that they don't make good use of her. If she had been the primary, I'd have been sorely conflicted.

How much screentime does she have? I read it's less than 10 minutes.

Edited by Jay Beezy

3 hours ago, FilmBuff said:

Man I didn't feel that way at all.  I D K, I hate Sparks fare more than not but I don't know what was so contrived about it?  The ending I can see where you're coming for, totally.  But yeah, I thought it was decent enough.  He's had farrrrrr worse adaptations.  (see, Safe Haven)

1 hour ago, Jay Beezy said:

My gawdesk is in this and I can't even bring myself to see this trash. Namely, not only because it's Sparks, but because they cast her as the "other" chick.

Palmer is bae-worthy, don't get me wrong, but Daddario is the baest of baes for me. You can cast Palmer as a primary all you want, but you don't cast Daddario as a secondary.

I guess it makes it easier for me to *choose* to avoid this knowing that they don't make good use of her. If she had been the primary, I'd have been sorely conflicted.

How much screentime does she have? I read it's less than 10 minutes.

Lol, it is tough when you're watching the film because the women in it are so ridiculously gorgeous.  It is weird to see Daddario play second fiddle because I agree she's about as easy on the eyes as it gets.  It worked for me here though for some reason based on characterization.  

I feel like with N Sparks movies you just know some cliches will exist.  Moderate to bad southern accents, most likely set in Wilmington or another Outer Banks area, an 'unlikely' pairing.  But I do think he has his moments, A Walk to Remember still messes me up.  He writes movies for middle aged southern women and theres nothing wrong with that but I don't think it should be a surprise when most of us don't like them.

18 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

Lol, it is tough when you're watching the film because the women in it are so ridiculously gorgeous.  It is weird to see Daddario play second fiddle because I agree she's about as easy on the eyes as it gets.  It worked for me here though for some reason based on characterization.  

The only reason I can buy him not choosing Daddario is that he lacks the balls to be with her and be with someone who seems more approachable by comparison. Male leads in Sparks films are as lacking in balls as Sparks films themselves.

Frankly, most of what I've read said that the movie wastes her. The upside to that is that since the movie is being deemed arguably the trashiest of Sparks flicks, the fact that she seems to serve little to no purpose in the movie will make people forget she was even in it. And we can subsequently look forward to seeing her in The Layover (buddy comedy with Kate Upton directed by William H. Macy) and Baywatch (needs no explanation).

Edited by Jay Beezy

10 hours ago, narniadis said:

Revenant Going to be the first true "blockbuster" to win BP since '03 - crossing 150m on Monday should have enough juice for 175 by the time the ceremony rolls around in a few weeks.

Is THE REVENANT a lock to win BP?

as far as small victories i'm loving seeing this little streak of revenant doing better in dailies than TFA don't get me wrong i love latest star wars but time for another movie to shine and what better than original bae leo driven film , my latest bae adam driver will understand plus he's got 2 more stars wars film coming out to enjoy limelight 

btw no the revenant isn't a lock for BP but i don't care i'm supporting leo alejandro and crew all the way , they win great they don't oh well except for leo , leo loose they'll think kylo ren tantrum was foreplay !