WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

Just now, filmlover said:

A Zoolander 2 would've likely been big 10 years ago (when Stiller was still in the midst of the strong Dodgeball/Fockers/Night at the Museum run and Wilson was coming off of Wedding Crashers and Will Ferrell was developing a strong post-SNL career). Now? It was like, "who cares?"

Will Ferrell still has some draw power nowadays.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Will Ferrell still has some draw power nowadays.

As a solo act, Ferrell doesn't have much of a draw anymore, he needs to be part of an ensemble. Daddy's Home worked thanks to the Ferrell-Wahlberg combo and becoming the family movie of choice behind Star Wars for the holiday.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Yeah, but Zoolander has always been a Stiller vehicle with everyone else being supporting. The combined presence of those three would've been a bigger deal a decade ago.

Of course, I agree. Nobody cares about Wilson and Stiller nowadays. The next step for them is TV.

• Like 1

Just now, grim22 said:

As a solo act, Ferrell doesn't have much of a draw anymore, he needs to be part of an ensemble. Daddy's Home worked thanks to the Ferrell-Wahlberg combo and becoming the family movie of choice behind Star Wars for the holiday.

Switch Ferrell with Stiller or Wilson in that movie and it wouldn't make as much as it did. 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Zoolander really makes me wonder how Greek Wedding 2 will fare against BVS.

Well, everyone is already expecting My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 to see nothing short of a ginormous drop-off from the first movie anyway because duh. The question is, "how big will said drop-off be?"

16 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Jurassic world says hello. Tbh the most undeserving movie ever to have grossed as much as it did. 

I meant future movies.

No way JW2 is crossing 200 m OW.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Leo and Will are the only two stars that can pull audiences in anymore (maybe The Rock too). Passengers will test Lawrence and Pratt's ability, especially since it's not action packed.

kevin hart as well. though most people here miss that bcos he doesn't make white people movies.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Leo and Will are the only two stars that can pull audiences in anymore (maybe The Rock too). Passengers will test Lawrence and Pratt's ability, especially since it's not action packed.

Kevin Hart, Melissa Mcarthy,  and Denzel Washington, are draws as well. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, filmlover said:

A Zoolander 2 would've likely been big 10 years ago (when Stiller was still in the midst of the strong Dodgeball/Fockers/Night at the Museum run and Wilson was coming off of Wedding Crashers and Will Ferrell was developing a strong post-SNL career). Now? It was like, "who cares?"

Yep. I was excited but I completely forgot it came out. 

7 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Did I just read Bryan Singer's involvement with X-Men being compared with George Lucas's involvement in a franchise he created himself? 

In the sense that both have overstayed their welcome... yes. Yes, you did. And it seems to me a fit analogy.