WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

4 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Apocalypse doesn't have the old cast and the nostalgia factor going for it. There are well liked names in the cast, but I don't think Katniss can carry the X-Men movie on her back, because even though the other actors were involved in big productions, they aren't really Hugh Jackman. I sincerely think that DoFP will gross less than DoFP, and I'm not even entirely sure it'll break $200m. 

aight i see ur point, i guess i'm just optimistic 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

It may have only been watched by one other person besides me in theaters, but Just Friends is still one of my favorite Ryan R. movie.

chris-singing-i-swear.gif

One of my favorite underrated comedies. I mean Reynolds as the friend zoned guy. Plus Anna Faris 

movie ryan reynolds movie quote anna faris just friends

• Like 3

Just now, ThiagoMaia said:

Doctor Strange and Apocalypse are hardly going to make more than this, the only real threat is Suicide Squad, but it would have to be big... So why are you so sure it won't be in the top 3 domestic?

WW you're probably right, but only because of China...

LOL, how are you completely ignoring BvS and CW? And yes, I think SS will make more too. Marketing for it till now has been nothing short of incredible.

Well, I was taking it for granted that they are going to be numbers 1 and 2 CBMs of the year.

I think SS might be bigger than Deadpool, but that is looking harder at each update, and I don't see it as a lock, which you seem to be considering...

Also, what marketing are you talking about? I only remember the usual trailers...

9 minutes ago, DAR said:

I'm trying to think of characters that transcend their medium and anyone from 4 year old to a 84 year old.  Maybe add a character like Donald Duck?

In that case:

Sherlock Holmes

Elizabeth Bennet

Frankenstein's monster

Dracula

Tom Sawyer

Romeo and Juliet

Oliver Twist

Ebenezer Scrooge

God

Zeus

among others

4 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

Hey I got carded. Luckily, I always carry my driver's license with me.

I had mine. Twice!

(Also, Deadpool is great. Although I guess I shouldn't have been negative on it seeing how I love meta humor.)

Just now, Telemachos said:

Moderation:

ENOUGH WITH THE MARVEL/DC BULLSHIT. 

ENOUGH WITH THE COY INNOCENCE. 

If you want to talk about that stuff, go to the appropriate thread. 

If you want to start a club about DEADPOOL over whatever, go start a club. 

I would like to start a club with Deadpool over Batman v Superman domestic, but at first I want to base that club with some real data. Like for example the 4-days OW total. It's not coy innocence to discuss about films. Others were saying that Deadpool could gross more than Captain America: Civil War, most of people were saying that it will definitely gross more than either Doctor Strange, Suicide Squad or Apocalypse. That's comparing films box office from the same genre and trying to make a prediction for the future, that's not trolling. I didn't know that we couldn't do this while talking about the insane opening weekend that this film had. The way I see it, the discussion was completely healthy and civil, up to the point that it was decided it wasn't. I just think that we have to have some level of liberty to compare these films without been considered trolling, not everything is a DC/Marvel flamewar. Comparing films box office runs, discussing their openings and trying to predict how they will go based in some data is what we do here, isn't it? Either way, I'll start the club and as soon as we have the official numbers of the 4 days weekend, I'll update the opening post. 

5 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Funny, I actually made a list around a year ago of the most guessed fictional characters on Akinator. I believe it was this:

800k+: SpongeBob

400k+: Mickey Mouse

300k+: Batman, Santa Claus

200k+: Superman, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Hulk, Scooby-Doo, Bugs Bunny, Ariel, Aladdin, Cinderella, Mario, Pikachu, Steve (Minecraft), Slender Man, Katniss Everdeen

100k+: Darth Vader, Naruto, Harry Potter, Garfield, Snoopy, Link, Sonic the Hedgehog, Ronald McDonald, The Doctor, Sheldon Cooper, God, many others

Bond was at 90k, Indiana Jones 50k, Sherlock Holmes 60k. Obviously this doesn't correspond to who is most well known, as God should probably be #1.

Most popular cartoon character: SpongeBob

Most popular comic book character: Batman

Most popular comic strip character: Snoopy

Most popular TV character: The Doctor

Most popular movie character: Darth Vader

Most popular literature character: Katniss Everdeen

Most popular classic literature character: Sherlock Holmes

Most popular video game character: Mario

Most popular anime character: Naruto

Most popular advertising character: Ronald McDonald

Most popular internet character: Slender Man

Most popular holiday character: Santa Claus

Most popular ancient character: God

yaaaas katniss slay them other hoes

Spoiler

had to change mythical to ancient bc i believe in God ;)

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

He has gone on record saying that he'd literally quit caring about films in the case of BvS failing to deliver. That's the equivalent of me quitting films for the TASM2 disaster, which would be completely  nuts. Excuse me if this move screams to me bias.

Insinuating a staff decision was made because one staff member likes a particular movie is out of line. 

3 minutes ago, department store basement said:

In that case:

Sherlock Holmes

Elizabeth Bennet

Frankenstein's monster

Dracula

Tom Sawyer

Romeo and Juliet

Oliver Twist

Ebenezer Scrooge

God

Zeus

among others

the ones i crossed out: who?

the one i italicized isn't popular enough tbh, he's only had like one movie this century (Disney's A Christmas Carol) so not many kids will know who that guy is

Just now, angeldelmito said:

the ones i crossed out: who?

the one i italicized isn't popular enough tbh, he's only had like one movie this century (Disney's A Christmas Carol) so not many kids will know who that guy is

Oh come on. People of all ages know Scrooge.

Why is this trope so popular then?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/YetAnotherChristmasCarol

17 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

He has gone on record saying that he'd literally quit caring about films in the case of BvS failing to deliver. That's the equivalent of me quitting films for the TASM2 disaster, which would be completely  nuts. Excuse me if this move screams to me bias. 

Insinuating that a staff decision was made because one staff member likes a particular movie is out of line. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Insinuating a staff decision was made because one staff member likes a particular movie is out of line. 

If there weren't trolling on my posts but rationalizations including even social media data that proves that the awareness for Deadpool is quite higher than the other film I was discussing, how do you want me to perceive that?