WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The whole series is pretty much waiting it out with no clear direction. The last movie fell hard on its second weekend despite holding on to IMAX and not a lot of competition, this one is not in 3D, loses IMAX on weekend 2 and Lionsgate didn't even do a Superbowl spot for it unlike the past 2 movies. Safe to say it will do what it will do, but Lionsgate don't seem to have the big faith they had 2 years ago.

I know but I just don't think all this will make it do $50M less than Insurgent like people are predicting, I found it hard to believe :shy:

58 minutes ago, Baumer said:

BvS will be just fine.  I still think it opens north of 160 million.

How could it not man? I'm in the under club because I'm trying to be optimistic (pessimistic) since I'm biased & really don't want it to succeed. Having said that there is a case to be made it crushes that number.

3 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

Like back in The Day you made a great indie film and you went on to become Scorsese. 

Now you get picked for the latest blockbuster. 

Well, many blockbusters from the 80s had no-name directors, too. Let's not forget TESB and ROTJ weren't directed by George Lucas.

HAHA, you guys are funny. Did the regulars worry about / figure upon a lot of Star Wars fans coming to the forums with TFA? I would imagine, anyway.

I didn't realize that London Has Fallen is actually a sequel to Olympus Has Fallen, that's hilarious. I only briefly heard of this film, I can't believe they'd make a sequel to Olympus though. Don't get me wrong it was entertaining enough, but it's just... I didn't feel that was sequel worthy exactly. I'll probably Movie Pass that film, may be fun anyway. Mindless entertainment. 

Next weekend doesn't appear to have one goddamn thing I'd actually go see. 

Just now, Jack Nevada said:

I'm actually getting depressed over here. Only fitting that it's the Deadpool thread that gets me feeling all apocalyptic about movies.

Thought you said apoplectic at first but you didn't so I guess you still haven't watched 2rue Detective :kitschjob:

• Like 2

Just now, Chewy said:

Thought you said apoplectic at first but you didn't so I guess you still haven't watched 2rue Detective :kitschjob:

I guess you could say you just felt blue balls in your heart.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

I'm actually getting depressed over here. Only fitting that it's the Deadpool thread that gets me feeling all apocalyptic about movies.

Have you seen Deadpool? Do you plan on doing it :lol: ?

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

@Chewy you haven't seen the realest fan war yet. this forum will become the battleground.

furries_vs__bronies_by_awsomehighvoltage

photo.jpg

Jesus fucking christ, when I think the Internet can't surprise me anymore... :mellow:

7 minutes ago, Chewy said:

If it breaks out these people will pay us a visit like the Star Wars fans did...

Something to keep in mind

They can't possibly be more obnoxious than the Frozenite invasion.

I enjoyed that film, but the fanbase really threatened to put me off of it. Thread was unreadable for months.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

How could it not man? I'm in the under club because I'm trying to be optimistic (pessimistic) since I'm biased & really don't want it to succeed. Having said that there is a case to be made it crushes that number.

There is a reason or two it could disappoint. I'll explain then if it happens. Not before.