GiantCALBears

Weekend Thread (actuals)- Deadpool $56.47m, KFP3 $12.52m, Risen $11.8m, Witch $8.8m, HTBS $8.2m, Race $7.35m (pg 36)

9 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Wtsf? $382M in China in 12 days? Is it going to make $600M there? Deadpool's the domestic story to date in 2016. But, Mermaid easily takes the cake for overseas story of the year.

It's looking at $500-550M finish and remember Yuan's weaker now compared to when Monster Hunt came out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Did Fox suddenly announce sneak previews for Eddie the Eagle for today? Because I was just looking at the movie schedule at the local multiplex (we're seeing How to Be Single later today) and they are having one at 4.

They sometimes do that. We won't even know how much it made. Those are just shows to spread the WOM. 

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

They sometimes do that. We won't even know how much it made. Those are just shows to spread the WOM. 

Of course. They used to be much more common in the early 2000s (I saw Legally Blonde at one a week before it opened back in 2001) and before but now rarely occur (I think the most recent one was Million Dollar Arm, which I also attended).

5 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

Yup that's a great Saturday for Deadpool, I think!

I went to TFA today for the 35th time, nice solid milestone number, and it was again kind of ridiculous. I guess I got accustomed to IMAX screenings because the higher ticket price always deflated the audience numbers. For weeks I was used to 40 people being a huge crowd for TFA, even by Week 4 or 5, but since seeing it the last two weekends in two different theaters on Saturday, they're not going to pull it any time soon from those theaters.

:ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod:

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I dunno about 500 m being a lock but people really shouldn't underestimate Disney's marketing after TFA.

Yeah I wouldn't call anything locked but I'd say the odds are in its favour winning the year domestically 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Wtsf? $382M in China in 12 days? Is it going to make $600M there? Deadpool's the domestic story to date in 2016. But, Mermaid easily takes the cake for overseas story of the year.

WIth 500 million would be rank 7 in US all time. At this level mavbe China can hav a movie in 3-5 years to gross more than TFA does in USA, really amzing considering how China market was 10 years ago.

10 hours ago, grim22 said:

Does James Cameron know things like this exist?

5 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

I just want Deadpool to be over 234m DOM this weekend, so the news can point out how Deadpool has beaten out every single the X-men movie in just 10 days!

I don't know if that's more a compliment to DP or a statement about Xmen movies not reaching their market potential.