kayumanggi

THE HITMAN'S BODYGUARD | 08.18.17 | trailer 1 on page 1

10 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

See, this is the kind of review that bothers me.  He gives it 2.5/4 because he says the story has been done before in better films like The Gauntlet and Midnight Run.  WTF!!

Midnight Run came out 30 years ago and the Gauntlet 40 years ago.  How about judge the movie for what it is not because it's been done by two films that came out 100 years ago.

Then he goes on to say that he enjoyed a lot of it, especially Jackson, Reynolds and Hayek.

Then he says that having Oldman as a European bad guy is a cliche.  WTF!!!

It fucking takes place in Europe.  Would you rather them have a Canadian bad guy who continuously says KILL THEM YOU HOSERS.....or....."YOU'RE DEAD NOW EH!"

Some reviews are morons.  This guys sits up top in the moron heap.

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/08/the_hitmans_bodyguard_review_ryan_reynolds_on_the.html

There was one review that was like "If you've seen every action movie from 1983 to 1991, you've seen this one," and I'm like okay. But 1991 was 26 years ago. A whole generation of folks weren't around for those movies. 

But everyone is entitled to their own opinion. 

Is the plot generic? Yes. Are there flaws to the film? Yes. But this movie was a fucking blast and I stand by that comment. I can't wait to see it again this weekend. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Nova said:

There was one review that was like "If you've seen every action movie from 1983 to 1991, you've seen this one," and I'm like okay. But 1991 was 26 years ago. A whole generation of folks weren't around for those movies. 

But everyone is entitled to their own opinion. 

Is the plot generic? Yes. Are there flaws to the film? Yes. But this movie was a fucking blast and I stand by that comment. I can't wait to see it again this weekend. 

Well, the plot for every super hero movie is generic.  There's always some lunatic who wants to take over the world.  It's not what the story is about, it's how you tell it.  

• Thanks 1

We finally got it. We didn’t need it nor did we ask for it but we got it. We finally got the Deadpool/Nick Fury team up movie that we didn’t know that we wanted. Once the teaser trailer & poster came out for "The Hitman’s Bodyguard", I was filled with nothing but excitement. Immediately right after though I got skeptical because of one primary fact; this is the production company that brought you great films such as "Mechanic: Resurrection", "Criminal", "The Legend of Hercules", and "Texas Chainsaw 3D". Millennium Films have been the master of generic action movies and. Unfortunately, my skepticism was correct. When the best thing about The Hitman’s Bodyguard is its teaser poster, you know you fucked up big time.

FULL REVIEW HERE: https://rendyreviews.com/movies//the-hitmans-bodyguard-review

7 hours ago, rjones1325 said:

We finally got it. We didn’t need it nor did we ask for it but we got it. We finally got the Deadpool/Nick Fury team up movie that we didn’t know that we wanted. Once the teaser trailer & poster came out for "The Hitman’s Bodyguard", I was filled with nothing but excitement. Immediately right after though I got skeptical because of one primary fact; this is the production company that brought you great films such as "Mechanic: Resurrection", "Criminal", "The Legend of Hercules", and "Texas Chainsaw 3D". Millennium Films have been the master of generic action movies and. Unfortunately, my skepticism was correct. When the best thing about The Hitman’s Bodyguard is its teaser poster, you know you fucked up big time.

FULL REVIEW HERE: https://rendyreviews.com/movies//the-hitmans-bodyguard-review

No thanks.  I'll wait to see it myself. :)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Alli said:

TOMATO LAW!!!!   lets see if it works this weekend

In which direction :ph34r:

No but really right after I got out of my screening, I was like critics aren't going to take this movie for what it is. But I definitely think it's one that pleases the audiences it's intended for. 

Ive said this already but this film is definitely one of those where the crowd likes it but the critics are like "It's been done before so therefore it sucks." 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alli said:

TOMATO LAW!!!!   lets see if it works this weekend

With the tomato right in the middle of 50% does it mean it state that the movie should have to be around the average wide release opening weekend to respect the law ?

In 2016 the average movie with an opening between 2000-3800 theater last year:

$16,292,434   2,912 theaters  

Removing the big franchise/sequel title the average OW was:

$12,836,799

2,824 theaters

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

With the tomato right in the middle of 50% does it mean it state that the movie should have to be around the average wide release opening weekend to respect the law ?

In 2016 the average movie with an opening between 2000-3800 theater last year:

$16,292,434   2,912 theaters  

Removing the big franchise/sequel title the average OW was:

$12,836,799

2,824 theaters

I don't know if anyone has ever told you this but I really appreciate the way you crunch the numbers and give us that information. I'm sure it's not an easy thing to do is it makes me appreciate it that much more.

Thanks for all the work that you do :) 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Personally I will be contributing $0 to this movie's BO, even if I see it multiple times, but I have been pushing it when talking to customers over the past week.

If you've got a movie poster for it at your theater, go online, get one that shows Nick Fury and Deadpool on it, and replace the one you've got currently :ph34r:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, That Floating Guy said:

For some reason the poster at my theater only shows Ryan Reynolds and doesn't even have Samuel L. Jackson on the cast list.

If your theater was in Han's area I would have guessed why 

But alas that is very very very strange. I haven't even seen a poster with just him on it lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

If your theater was in Han's area I would have guessed why 

But alas that is very very very strange. I haven't even seen a poster with just him on it lol 

The "Get Triggered" poster has been up for several months here :lol: