kayumanggi

THE HITMAN'S BODYGUARD | 08.18.17 | trailer 1 on page 1

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

People always claim that bad reviews don't matter but most of the time they do.

I agree. This keeps dropping on RT.  It's a shame because the premise has such a great hook. This movie could have been a truly smash hit if reviews were actually good

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Apparently non-action movie targeting white male between 18 to 45 would be the most affected by RT:

In fact, the only group that seems to play close attention to RT scores are white males, 18-45. Surveys suggest that the percentage of men in that demo checking RT before deciding on going to a movie has grown from 26& to 36% in the last couple years. And that seems like a big chunk of the audience.

So this is the kind of movie that could be affected (by 10-15%) I think.

Not seeing that it will behave a lot different than if it was 70 on RT (comedy tend to work as well as people find their trailers funny for the most part), but if it would have had Baby Driver reviews maybe it would have opened bigger (by 10-15%).

2 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Sure they matter to an extent....it could help it in terms of the OW. But in the end the WOM a movie generates is the bread and butter of how well a movie does. This movie is at 35% but on metacritic it's at 54/100. A film that came out last year in Central Intelligence had a 69% on RT but on metacritic got a 52/100. But the WOM with CI helped it have really good legs. If THB can generate good WOM, I don't see why it can't do the same.

What im trying to say is that critics are not giving THB a fresh rating because it's generic not because it's a "bad" film.

I personally thought this film was a good action comedy to end the summer. Let's see if the audiences agree. 

Also another thing, there were several films this summer that got great reviews and did nothing at the BO because their WOM was either bad or toxic. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, picores said:

Agree. Star power alone and a weak marketplace should push it over 20m. I'm going with 25m OW

yeah, after Val, AB and DT did 17-19, I doubt this fails to do even that.

The hitman's Bodyguard is easily the best time I've had at the theater this summer. Absolutely hysterical and Samuel Jackson and Ryan Reynolds chemistry is off the charts. Salma Hayek was freaking hilarious. Sold-out crowd seemed to like it immensely as there was lots of laughing throughout. I think it's going to have good legs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

The hitman's Bodyguard is easily the best time I've had at the theater this summer. Absolutely hysterical and Samuel Jackson and Ryan Reynolds chemistry is off the charts. Salma Hayek was freaking hilarious. Sold-out crowd seemed to like it immensely as there was lots of laughing throughout. I think it's going to have good legs

Even though I really liked it, I can see why the critics didn't like it because it is generic, full of cliches and a slightly wonky plot but IMO it doesn't matter, the film delivers on being a fun, sweary action comedy.

That is one crappy movie. It is seriously all over the place.

It has moments where you can see what they were trying to do, kind of a Midnght Run with machine guns after a Red Bull and you weep for what might have been. Instead, they had 10 different ideas and decided to go with all of them cranked up to 11.

I can die a happy man now.  Ryan Reynolds just liked my tweet:

Ryan Reynolds liked your reply 

42 seconds ago
Dan Grant @baumer72
@VancityReynolds 

#HitmansBodyguard best time I've had at the theater this summer. Hilarious. Great chemistry between RR and SLJ and damn!! Hayek is awesome!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Wrath said:

That is one crappy movie. It is seriously all over the place.

It has moments where you can see what they were trying to do, kind of a Midnght Run with machine guns after a Red Bull and you weep for what might have been. Instead, they had 10 different ideas and decided to go with all of them cranked up to 11.

Naaa...it's just a lot of fun.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I can die a happy man now.  Ryan Reynolds just liked my tweet:

Ryan Reynolds liked your reply 

42 seconds ago
Dan Grant @baumer72
@VancityReynolds 

#HitmansBodyguard best time I've had at the theater this summer. Hilarious. Great chemistry between RR and SLJ and damn!! Hayek is awesome!

I'm so fucking jealous right now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nova said:

I'm so fucking jealous right now. 

You have no idea how stoked I am....if he only knew that he is the only man I would ever have sex with....maybe I'll keep that tweet to myself.  :sparta:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1