WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 25): Zootopia 73.7M | London Has Fallen 21.71M | Deadpool 16.4M | WTF 7.6M

21 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Most don't. For every War Room you get multiple crash and burns. It's holding decent all things considered and should get a 3x when all is done. 

It is theologically sound and will do well on Netflix, DVD etc. for a long time. It had a modest budget so the numbers reflect that. This genre is still maturing. And will continue to do so. I agree that this is a success. 

• Like 1

$1.7 million 

$17.7 million ($19.4 million) 

$32.5 million ($51.9 million) 

$24 million ($75.9 million)

$75.9 million OW

With how little family competition there is until mid-April, it might even get a 4x and reach $320-340 million DOM. 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Here's hoping for an 80% increase like Lego had. How crazy would it be if it did 90%+ today?

Word of mouth is happening. People are conservative with family films nowadays. It is expensive and people are not going to go through the effort unless they are sure that it is worth it.

This still has potential for 400M+ in my opinion.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SWXII said:

Word of mouth is happening. People are conservative with family films nowadays. It is expensive and people are not going to go through the effort unless they are sure that it is worth it.

This still has potential for 400M+ in my opinion.

:WHATanabe: 

• Like 1

It has potential to go over 300M, but that will all depend whether BvS will cut its legs since I'm sure it will be stealing screens and some audience away from Zootopia despite not being a direct competition.

Edited by Dingdong123
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Dingdong123 said:

It has potential to go over 300M, but that will all depend whether BvS will cut its legs since I'm sure it will be stealing screens and some audience away from Zootopia despite not being a direct competition.

The drops next weekend and especially March 18 will be low, plus March 25 is Easter weekend.

Hey guys! I'm new here but I've been lurking around for a while. Figured I might as well create an account by now. 

Quick question in regards to Zootopia. I see a lot of people saying there isn't any competition for it until mid-April but wouldn't BvS be considered competition? I know they're two different movies but they're both movies geared towards well everyone. Just wondering how that works. 

Also is that a good hold for Deadpool? I have it out-grossing GOTG...

• Like 7